Chapter 5

"Hi!!" I greeted him with an excited voice. "Heyy!" He replied back.

"Did you went home safely?" He said and my heart skipped a beat. "Yeah, l am currently laying on my bed." I replied to him and he sighed a relief sigh.

I grew excited as l came to know he also cares about me, not like that Vernon guy who l am about to marry. "What are you doing?" I asked him, "Thinking about you." He chuckled over the call, and l kicked my leg against the bed smiling like an donkey.

"That was a good one." I spoke and he said, "Shall we have a date tomorrow?", "Okay after my university.". "Okay then let's meet each other at the mall?", "Okay."

With that, we talked for hours. He is the nicest guy l ever met, he is just the definition of my ideal type. I think l like him already, man why can't l just marry him?! His sweet personality with his handsomeness and honesty won my heart already far ago, how fate can hurt me like this.

"Excuse me lady, l heard you talking to someone? Are you cheating on Vernon?" My mom knocked on the door gaining my attention. "Mom how did you entered in?" I said angrily and she displayed me the spare keys that she had.

I am such a fool to hand her those just because lf l was scared or lf there was a monster under my bed she would protect me. "Yeah of course l can date a guy, lf he dates a girl. Moreover l just like him we don't date now." I straightforwardly said to her. "You better don't like him anymore for you're getting married after a few months."

"Yeah yeah right, now please get out of my room." I laid back on my bed, "Fine your dinner is at the table." With that my mom left my room. I ran fast and locked my door. "Finally some peace." I sighed heavily and went to bed to sleep.

...

"Seriously gurl!! You're getting married to one of the rich heirs in USA! That's insane!" Adrelina clapped her hands but Celine didn't looked that much alright after hearing my news. "Is he nice?" The first thing Celine asked me and l shook my head.

That's when the smile on Adrelina's face dropped, "What?! He isn't nice? Don't you like him?" I again shook my head in sadness. "Seriously your parents are the definition of toxic after what they did to me now they are doing this to you." Celine grabbed her fists and rolled those in pure anger.

"They are glad l didn't called the police for that." Celine continued and l spoke, "l am once again sorry in behalf of my parents, and l am utterly glad that you're still my best friend." . "No you didn't do anything wrong besides when is the marriage?" Celine asked.

"About 4-5 months later which is possibly after our graduation." I looked down again and Adrelina patted my back and hugged me from behind. My phone vibrated.

From. Markus
Hey, l suppose your university is over now right? Come over so we can meet.

From. Lucia
Oh yeah l am coming please, wait for me.

"Hey guys, l gotta go Markus and me have a date." I said while putting my things inside my bag. "WOAHH a date!! But aren't you getting married-" Both of them said together but also paused together.

"He didn't confess nor me. So it's like more of a hangout?" After saying l ran away from my university.

I stepped inside the mall and went straight to the fast food restaurant. I saw Markus waiting in front of the restaurant in comfy clothes. I smiled at him and l went to hug him.

He smiled and hugged me back. "I have been waiting for too long now let's go!" I nodded and he held my hands then we proceed towards the exit of the mall. "So where do you want to go, my treat ma'lady." He smiled and l stopped suddenly in my path hearing the name. I giggled in happiness.

"Why? What happened? You can tell me." He suddenly stopped at his track and stared at me. "N-no no it's alright! I want to go for some street food!" I said and stared at him with puppy and innocent eyes. "Ugh! You're so cute." He chuckled and pinched my cheeks gently.

When we grabbed some food from the nearest food court, l sat down and ate my food in peace and stared at the beautiful sky. Little did l knew, that two persons were staring at me? I looked in front of me l saw Markus staring at me with his hands down his chin. He smiled at me and didn't order his food yet.

"Hey you didn't order your food yet-", "Just seeing you already makes me full, besides you would be a cute mukbang YouTuber." He smiled at me again and l blushed and look down. "You are blushing!" He stood up from his chair and sat beside me with his arms around my shoulders. "I-l- why wouldn't l when you have been complimenting so much these days?" I hesitated to talk and he chuckled.

I again looked front and l saw an unexpected person who stared at me for so long. It was Vernon who just rolled his eyes at me. He wasn't that far he was just the next seat in front.

Markus told he had to leave for bathroom and l nodded.

"Looks like my future wife got someone to flirt at?"
..
"Mind your own business man." I said with a glare and he laughed. A girl ran towards him and hugged him, "Babe! I miss you!" She exclaimed and l scoffed. Then Vernon cupped her face and kissed her lips, l grew angry but l didn't knew the reason behind it.

I felt a warm hands holding my finger and l turned around to see Markus's face. He asked, "Hey you alright?" I nodded with a big smile. "So about we grab some ice cream?" He questioned after a long pause, "Sure why not?"

We were biting our ice cream when smooching sounds interrupted our peaceful silence. I turned around being angry and saw Vernon and his girlfriend, l groaned in jealousy but l didn't know why l was jealous.

"Hey? You're spacing out too often." Markus looked at me with worried eyes and l just shook my head with an reassuring smile. "Wait you have ice cream over your face." Markus took out a tissue from his bag and wiped the ice cream from my face.

Him being this close to me! I felt like l am gonna faint in any moment. "Thank you." I said with a gummy smile and someone spoke behind my back.

"Good luck with your new boyfriend." I turned around to see, the voice was Vernon's. His lips curved into a smirk and he held his girlfriend's hand, l rolled my eyes then l glared at his figure slowly leaving.

"Is somebody bothering you?" Markus blocked my view and l looked at him in shock, l shook my head and he dragged my hand to somewhere.

We stopped in front of a flower shop and Markus stared at me with a smile, l turned to him in confusion, "Why are we at a flower shop?" He just shrugged and said, "I actually don't know which flowers you like so l decided to just drag you to the flower shop?"

I grinned and spoke, "You would have asked me, it's lavenders." He nodded then took my hand inside the shop. We entered in the lavenders section and chose a bouquet then we went to the counter. "Lavenders is perfect for a lovely couple like you guys." The cashier smiled and packaged it.

"Thank you." I thanked her and l could feel a stare, l turned around quickly and Markus was gazing at me. I chuckled then hit his chest and took the bouquet from the cashier.

"Go there l will take a picture of this beauty." He took out his cellphone from his pocket my lips formed a big smile and l went to the place.

"You look gorgeous!" Exclaimed Markus, couldn't keep his gaze away from the picture. I giggled and teasingly hit his shoulders. "Can l hug you again?" He asked after a long pause and l nodded.

Then he pulled me into a big hug, the warmth he made me feel was inexplicable. It felt like l am in the safest place in the world, after some while he pulled away and looked closer to my lips. I could feel his eyes on it and l pushed him away.

Why? Because l feel this is wrong, l looked down and he glanced at me with confused eyes. "I will meet you someday again Markus." I waved my hands as a goodbye then left him without leaving any glance on him.

I kicked the rock and a tear escaped from my eyes.

Life had to be this worse for me? Now l can't even marry the person l love most.

...