Chapter 18

"We need grandchildren." He looked down and l scoffed. "Dad it has been only two weeks since our wedding!"

"That's why l am telling you, you must provide us at least three grandchildren within three years." He said and l rolled my eyes. "Dad you don't know what's going in the household.", "Why what's wrong-"

"I am full, l am going to my room." I put my fork down then went upstairs. I locked the door and sighed, "What fate has written for me?" I went to bed and tried to sleep.

"Get rid of your hands from my wife." That one particular line from Vernon kept running through my mind. He looked damn handsome while saying that but his personality is not handsome as he is. I rolled on the bed several times but my eyes didn't wanted to close. I sighed then took my sleeping medicines to sleep.

....

I got out from the conference meeting room with a angry face. A staff messed up the documents l send in email to print out, l gave her something but she printed out something l gave her in the past. I needed it today to give it to the project workers for a big project scheduled today, now we had to schedule it some other day for that annoying staff.

Jade came running with my favorite Americano, "H-here it is Lucia." I snatched it away from her hand and started drinking it. "Are you still mad Lucia?", "Why am l not supposed to? This project would be checked by the audits but it have to be postponed now, what lf the auditors don't accept it?" I said with an annoyed tone. "Everyone makes mistakes Lucia. Even lf they don't accept what profit you will get from this?"

"The project will be checked by the auditors okay Jade? There's more than enough profit l would get now let's go for lunch, it's frustrating to even stay near that staff." I replied then straightly got out from the meeting room. 

The whole day went worse, l had to explain to the audits but there was no use, now for the project not being started today was written in the Verceline accounts. And not to mention, dad's request had traumatized me.

I decided to go home for the day because my head was paining. I went to the car garage and started my car, l went inside and found something l wasn't expecting to find. The lavender bouquet Markus bought me during uni, it's rotten. The petals were separated and l took one flower and sniffed it. It provided a fresh smell and that made it suspicious. I decided to brush it off and put it inside the item space then started driving.

I rang the bell and the same maid opened. "Welcome home dear, l am happy to see you after one day. Go upstairs and take a warm shower." She said and l nodded then took off my shoes. I entered inside and saw Vernon sulking on the couch with a jewelry box beside him.

I decided to ignore him and was about to go upstairs but then he held my wrist. I looked at him and he looked down. "What?" I questioned him and he mumbled, "Can l talk to you for a sec at your room?" I stopped but nodded.

We went inside and we stopped at the same time. "What do you want to talk about?" I decided to break the silence. He took the jewelry box from his pocket and opened it, it was a diamond necklace. He touched my bare neck with his hands l hesitated to make any move. "What are you doing?..."

He turned me around and connected my neck with the necklace. I was shocked about he did, he bought me a freaking diamond necklace?! Then his arms surrounded my waist. His hot breath kissed my neck and l was mumbling nonsense in shock.

He back-hugged me for two minutes then finally let go off me. "I am sorry...", "Why the hell did you just hugged me like that?" I crossed my arms then turned around to him. His lips formed into a smirk, "Why? don't you like it honey?"

How much l loved that name coming from his mouth to me, in that amount l felt something suspicious. Man has a girlfriend and he's calling me honey?! Something's fishy. "Whatever just get out l am already in pain." I said then took off my blazer.

I was almost going to take off my shirt thinking that he went out. I felt someone staring at me so l turned around quickly, "Why the hell are you still here?! You pervert!!", "Aish aish l am going out don't shout." He said then left the room. I quickly went to lock the room and took a deep breath.

I slide down through the wall, l almost screamed in happiness. I took off the diamond necklace from my neck and caressed it, "Yah, you jerk Vernon. How much l want to hate you but you always make me feel these feelings that l was not supposed to." I shouted then threw the necklace on the bed in sudden anger.

"I always want you to feel those feelings..." A voice smiled in front of the closed door.

...