jin zixuan :: end game

pairing. jin zixuan x male reader

prompt. jin zixuan is happily engaged to the youngest son of the lan clan, and he clearly loves him, just as everyone loves their relationship. everyone else seems happy for them both, as they found happiness in each other, but, there will always be someone who won't go with the flow. the wen clan doesn't exist here because they're irrelevant.

order for -Huacheng

y/n wasn't exactly a star student in gusu. he may be a part of the gusu lan clan by birth, but he was nothing compared to the twin jades of lan. sure, he was smart and actually excelled in his studies, but behavior-wise, he was akin to a little boy who was inside a candy-story for twenty-fours, every day of his life. of course, he would never actually cause trouble for his own clan... publicly — he would waste no second in sneaking in a few sips of alcohol in caiyi town if he could.

but just as he was fun and energetic, he was also charming and quite the handsome youth. many people would be drawn to his sunshine-like personality, including, but not limited to, jin zixuan of the lanling jin clan. even with his uptight attitude, even he was not immune to the charm of one lan y/n.

every time he would walk into the room, his eyes would follow lan y/n's figure almost immediately. he would stare at him from afar, admiring him for everything he did even if he did nothing at all.

one day, y/n had wandered away from the rest of the student body after classes. unusual. usually, y/n would head down to caiyi town to have some fun with the locals. but right now, instead of heading down the mountain, he headed up. jin zixuan didn't know what possessed him to follow him, but he did. when y/n arrived at the top of the mountain, there was a small gazebo there surrounded by lovely white flowers. the air was crisp and clean, and most importantly, there was no one there. jin zixuan's retainers stayed down in the main hall, leaving their young master to do as he pleased.

y/n sat down on one of the stone stools in the gazebo, and he immediately laid his head on the table. jin zixuan blinked, confused. he watched to see what y/n would do after a few more minutes, but he didn't move at all. he decided to leave before y/n would notice him, but to his surprise, y/n called out; "won't you join me, jin-shixiong?" jin zixuan spun on his heel and looked at y/n with wide eyes.

y/n was sitting up, looking at him with an expecting expression on his tired face. jin zixuan cleared his throat before he speed-waked to the gazebo, sitting at the seat across y/n. "uhh.." jin zixuan was at a total loss for words. all y/n did was stare and blink at him, as if he was processing what he was going to say in his mind.

"do you wanna like, get married or something?"

"pardon?" jin zixuan's face exploded in a million shades of red as soon as he heard those words from lan y/n. when he looked at y/n's face, he didn't look like he was joking. usually when he did make a joke, he'd let out this weird little laugh afterwards, but he didn't. he seemed genuinely serious about his question.

y/n heard about jin zixuan's prior engagement to jiang yanli, but their engagement was cut off after wei wuxian picked a fight with jin zixuan. y/n was there when it happened, and sad to say, he was among the students who encouraged the fight by chanting, "fight, fight, fight!" until lan qiren shooed them away.

but it was that fight that finally sparked y/n's interest in jin zixuan. prior to that fight, all they really did was smile at each other in greeting out of politeness, but other than that, they never really had a proper conversation. it was jin zixuan who spent most of his time admiring y/n from afar, when all he would do was do as he please.