jiang cheng ;; bothered

pairing. jiang cheng x lan qiren’s son, male! reader
prompt. lan qiren’s only son and jiang fengmian’s youngest son gets a gay awakening after meeting each other. wei wuxian helps them along

order for <3 AstreRveur

being lan qiren's only son wasn't exactly so bad. lan y/n was the product of lan qiren's greatest love, he was his greatest accomplishment. so when his wife, y/n's mother, passed away, lan qiren had turned cold — stern. which in turn, affected the students he was raising. from raising his brother's children, wangji and xichen, then to his son, y/n.

while xichen was warm and approachable, he still kept the people he knew and loved at a distance. wangji and y/n on the other hand, were cold, exactly like lan qiren. they were stern, and they kept a firm hand on the rules of the gusu lan clan. that was... until the arrival of jiang cheng and wei wuxian.

wangji seemed to have a hard time handling wei wuxian, while y/n had a relatively easy time with jiang cheng. he wasn't as rambunctious as his sworn brother, but every now and then, jiang cheng would sneak in a jar of emperor's smile or two.

one night, jiang cheng and wei wuxian snuck down the mountain to get to caiyi town. they'd heard of a newly released, limited edition bottle of alcohol, so with wei wuxian in the lead, the two ran down the mountain after escaping the watchful eye of lan wangji. but something happened — as while they were heading down the mountain, they encountered some fierce corpses. at first, they easily fended them off with their swords, but soon enough, more and more kept coming. they'd backed up against each other, unable to keep up as they were slowly being caged in by the corpses.

just when they thought it was all over, a blinding flash of blue swept over the clearing, effortlessly chopping off the heads of all those fierce corpses. wei wuxian and jiang cheng shielded their eyes as they were unable to bear the blinding light. the corpses thumped onto the ground as they were rid of their heads. when wei wuxian and jiang cheng looked, they saw s/n, glowing blue and brimming with qi.

the sword flew back to its owner, who wasn't that far away. y/n caught the handle of his sword with one hand, and with one swift movement, he returns it to his scabbard.

he approaches wei wuxian and jiang cheng, his eyes narrowed and his expression showing disbelief towards the two. "you two again." y/n growled. it wasn't exactly the first time wei wuxian and jiang cheng were caught by y/n while they were heading down past ungodly hours. wei wuxian chuckled sheepishly while jiang cheng lowered his head in shame.

jiang cheng bows. "i apologize." was all he said. y/n turns around, his hands tucked into his wide sleeves. "it's fine. return with me at once." and with that, the two immediately follows.

wei wuxian looks at jiang cheng, them back to y/n. he bumps jiang cheng on the shoulder before leaning in to whisper, "what's with you two?" he asked jiang cheng. "you just apologized without any word and he accepted."

~

jiang cheng and wei wuxian had received their punishment from lan wangji as soon as they arrived. it was practically morning already when they had finished copying one of the textbooks from the library pavillion under the watchful eye of lan wangji. y/n had already retreated back to his room to rest for the night, but come morning, he found himself sleeping in.

jiang cheng and wei wuxian attended class as normal, with lan wangji as well, but the seat beside lan wangji was empty. it was usually occupied by lan y/n, but this time, he was absent from class, making everyone wonder what happened to him.

as class was over, nie huaisang walked with the yunmeng brothers and began gossiping. "wei-shixiong, did you hear? apparently, lan y/n had been injured last night!" nie huaisang whispers. jiang cheng stops in his steps and faces nie huaisang. "what did you say?" he asks.