7.

Double update because I can- and also because they are short chapters ;)

Everyone had ran out of the garage as soon as the Redbull driver crossed the finish line.
Grace had followed. She joined them as the blues and reds cheered and jumped for the man on the podium.

Max held up his first place finish trophy like it had been taken away from him in a previous lifetime. He kisses the trophy before raising it towards his cheering team, making them erupt in a roar.

Even in a crowd , he catches Grace's beaming smile as she stares up at him- wait.
He follows her eyes , leading him to Lewis Hamilton. He glares at the Brit before;
"GRACE ANDERSON!"
Her eyes snap towards him , still glistening in the mellowness of the evening.
"This one's for you, babe!" He blows a kiss to her , laughing as the stadium breaks into a roar of applause.
Even with the distance that separated them, he can feel the air from Grace's nose flare. Still , she recovers and puckers up, blowing multiple kisses back at him.

Loud music and sweaty dancing bodies. Two things Grace had never thought she'd get to experience in her lifetime and the two things Max couldn't live without.

He had let the English in his shrine. Watching from afar as she laughed and talked with basically everyone with a drink in her at all times.

Her emerald short dress constantly hiked up her thighs , giving an impeccable view. He sighs, placing his drink on the bar before excusing himself from his team.

He crosses over to her with one hand in the pocket of his faded jeans.
"I don't think you should drink this much." He interrupts her little convo with a random girl with red hair.
Grace excuses herself and follows Max to a less loud area.
"Here. Taste it." She hands him her half filled glass.
"I've had enough alcohol in my system for tonight." He takes a step back.
"Just taste it." She grabs his hand, placing the glass in his palm.
The blonde chugs the mysterious drink, expecting it to burn but it never comes.

Grace laughs as confusion spreads on his face. Her hands grip his biceps ,through the blue button up he was wearing , as she folds in half with tears coming down her eyes.
"You - you - " she laughs pointing at him.
A smile finds itself onto Max's face as he clicks his tongue, placing the empty glass on a nearby table.

"So you've been downing straight Coke all night?" He asks , steadying her.
"I've never drank alcohol. I tried it once then threw it up five minutes later."
He makes an impressed face as he guides her outside. She exits after him, waving goodbye to friends she'll probably never see again.

Eventhough the sofa was not as comfortable as Grace had hoped it be. She still lay on it with a content feeling as one of the reasons for her contentment snored away with his mouth half open.

All those years of unpolished social skills were retracted back for her tonight. She was the queen of extroverts. Hell if knowing you're about to die gave her this much confidence, couldn't she be diagnosed a little earlier?

No amount of " he's a product of nepotism" or "he's OBVIOUSLY rich." mutters could have prepared Grace for the jaw dropping sight of Max verstappens private jet.

The grey plain exterior screamed boring, just like max would have liked. Yet , the inside homed polished brown seats along with being decked out in velvet- white velvet!
The man had taste and the girl was most definitely impressed.

"8 hours on road but just one hour with this baby" he spanks the side of his seat, smiling brightly.
Grace doesn't even want to entertain the thoughts that just crossed her mind so instead she chooses to settle.
"Its beautiful." She admits softly.

"Doesn't that cloud look like it says 'bitch'?" Max asks out of nowhere, making Grace lean over in her seat as she tries to see what he was pointing at.
"I can't see it." She frowns still  trying to see it,leaning back.

"Come here." He ushers her , annoyed that she couldn't see it.
She gets up hesitantly, still in doubts about the safety of the entire thing.
"Which one?" She asks hovering over his seat.

"Oh yeah , it kind of does." She snorts , immediately covering her face.
"How good is your eyesight?" She pretends to lean in with a a magnifying glass , making the Dutch shake his head.
"You're-" before he can finish that sentence the plane jolts .

Grace feels the grip of her feet give up as she stumbles forward. Max tugs her wrist making her fall on his lap.

"Put on your seatbelts. It's gonna get a little jumpy." The pilot announces from the front of the plane.
Grace tries to get up and go to her seat , across from Max but he holds her in place.
"It's not safe.." he almost whispers.
Grace's breath hitches as he stares down at her. She nods , closing her eyes.

Her heart monitor beeps catching both of their attention. Max tears his eyes away from her face and looks down at her wrist.
"You okay?" He asks as she wraps her hands around Max's neck, adjusting herself.
"Yeah." She lets out quickly as he wraps his arms around her waist .

His face full of concern and restrain as he stares down at her. Meanwhile Grace tried to convince herself that the only reason for her monitor beeping was the turbulence and not a guy with a nose that couldn't even be achieved through multiple nose jobs.
"You have a pretty nose." She says without realising.
"Thanks?"

ALSO DID I EVER TALK ABOUT THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING EVER AKA THE 2023 BRITISH GRAND PRIX LIKE DAMNNNNNNN????????
Ays MAX MAX MAX MAX SUPER MAX