11.

Istg I've never had so many things going on before😭

At the after party of the Dutch Grand Prix , the celebrations were out of the world.
As the man of the night had managed to win the race along with the fastest lap. It had only helped his cause that Lewis had not managed to finish the race due to engine problems , now Max was only shy of one race wins from being surpassing the older and reclaiming his territory at the top of the table.

Grace hadn't expected the party to be consisting of just about everyone Max knew.
His little Belgium friend, Lando Norris, took upon the task of a DJ while the others swayed drunkenly here and there.

Although she had managed to secure a spot at a table full of their plus ones , she still felt out of place. She oozed for some liquid courage but her first and last experience with alcohol was a constant reminder of why she shouldn't. Instead she opted for shy smiles and curt nods as a part of the conversation- the rest of them were too drunk to care anyways.

Including the Dutch, who was now opening his third wine bottle of the night. His white button up decorated with red stains. The sight, although Grace hated to admit, was hot.

Max raved to the music , his sweaty body colliding against the others entranced in his little circle of celebration. He had thought about not going over board with the drinking before realising that he had no commitments in the morning either way so a little more than usual wouldn't be catastrophic.

The red string duo had visited the Zen River temple in Uithuizen on Thursday when Max had wanted to flee from his media duties.
There, overlooking the beautiful waterfall, they both had held hands and stared at each other.

Max felt the bubbling urge to compliment Grace on her beautiful eyes , so he did.
He hadn't missed as her cheeks turned champagne pink as she laughed softly.

They both were stalling, Max - because he was sure that he didn't want to say the first thing that had been gracing his mind.

That he had Infact been enjoying Grace's company and wouldn't mind if this whole ordeal became more than what it is.

And Grace because her mind still was stuck on the text she received from her mom.
It had read; hope you're doing well sweetie! Will we be seeking some grandkids out of this 🧐?

It was a horrible way to check in but she had to admit it made her heart break. Her mom probably didn't mean it to come of that way but the daughter had realised yet another thing her parents won't be able to have.

"I believe we have to say something In order for this to work." Max had said although he almost didn't want to Grace to agree with him.

Then it would just be them , no universe, no strings, just them holding hands.

"Yeah, sorry. I've always hated my hair because in 6th grade a guy I liked told me it looked like I didn't brush them." Grace had almost laughed , thinking back from how they went from sharing the most depressing stuff to hair.
"Is that why you always straighten it?" Max had asked , subconsciously brushing his hair down.
Grace had nodded before raising her eyebrows at him; signalling him to go on.
"Well I think your hair looks the most beautiful when you come out of the shower."
The confession was intentional, still it had managed to make Max clear his throat as Grace had sheepishly thanked him.

Max had wondered if it was too much but as the business of the weekend had engulfed him, he had forgotten about it.
While when Max had invited Grace to accompany to the after party she had made sure to leave her hair untouched.

Although now she wasn't really sure. Since everyone had dead straight her while hers probably looked like a frizzy mess-

"Hey." She feels a hand on her shoulder , her mouth falling open as she makes eye contact with the man she had only ever dreamed of meeting one day.
"Uhhhhh-hi?"
It probably wasn't the most appropriate response to give to a 7 time world champion who had just tapped your shoulder-
"I've never seen you around before ." Grace felt her heart do a summersault as he took a seat next to her.
"I've just been here for a couple of weeks." She admits , tucking her behind her ears.
"And what can I call you for the remainder of the time you're going to be here?" He takes a sip of whatever he was drinking.

"Oh- I'm Grace. Grace Anderson." She holds out her hand, butterflies settling in her stomach as he takes it , shaking it gently.
"I'm Lewis- although I'm pretty sure you knew that since you're here." He gestures towards the crowd that's filled all formula one related people.
"Yeah- but what are you doing here?" She asks , also gesturing towards the crowd who were all celebrating Max's win.
The Brit laughs , taking another sip of his drink.
"A little celebration never hurt anyone - besides I'm happy for the kid. He's dedicated and deserves it." His eyes fall on the blonde whose still partying his heart out.
"Back to you though. You're here with Redbull?"
Grace nods , downing her coke.
She really needed her fake liquid courage.
"With Max , actually." She smiles and the implication makes her thoughts go on a 15 mile run before she's sucked back into reality;
"Wow, so soon after Kelly? I mean no offense-"
"None taken. It's just a casual thing." Her smile falters. It wasn't even that - it was just make pretend.

Before the Mercedes driver could say something else , the expensive smell of whine greets the conversation. As the Redbull driver stumbles in , being loosely held by his taller Australian friend- Daniel.

"Grace!" He points his finger angrily towards her , taking her by surprise.
He was drunk beyond comprehension. His cheeks flushed red, eyes hooded and obviously shirt unbuttoned.
"You're here with me!" He tries to reach for her wrist but misses , landing on the table.

"You!" He points towards the more legendary Brit - causing Grace to gasp loudly.
"This is - my girlfriend."
Grace tugs him back as he leans dangerously close to Lewis.

"Max- stop. I'm so sorry." She smiles at Lewis who just waves his hand dismissively, beaming.
"Ims- she likes you. She's a fan. But she's mine." Max fully leans against the table as the Australian leaves him.
"I'm not trying to-" Lewis starts but max cuts him off, gesturing him to be quiet.

Grace wishes the chair she was sitting on gets swallowed up.

"For her! For her! Can I get an autograph?"
Max shocks the English duo by presenting a pen from his pocket and a crumpled tissue paper.
"Pweaase." He tries fluttering his eyelashes , as Lewis stifles a laugh.
He beams as the older hands him back a signed tissue paper.
"Grace- a gift." He presents it to the other, whose dying of laughter.
"Thanks." She says to both the men.
One of whom gets up to leave. Grace shyly waves goodbye to him , concerning herself to the barely standing man infront of her.

By the time Grace had finished tucking Max into the hotel bed, her breaths were uneven.
Her watch beeps catching the attention of the the other. He jumps awake , gesturing Grace towards him.
"I'm fine." She assures him , taking a seat next to him on the bed.
He hums , staring up at her.
If max wasn't beyond drunk, Grace would've kissed him because of how attractive he looked right now. The man had certainly taken full advantage of the fact that there wasn't a race in the coming week.
Grace flinches as he reaches his hands up and runs them through the end of her hair.
His face settles into a smile.
"I love...."
Somehow Grace hadn't even felt half of the butterflies she was feeling right now when Lewis had shook her hand.
"You're beautiful." Max was certainly a talker when he was drunk , it wasn't good for Graces well being.
"That's why he approached you." His smile dissapears settling into a cute mopey frown.
"Max. Go to sleep."
She tries , trying to hide the smile on her face.

The Dutch had already discarded himself of his stained shirt as soon as he got in the room.
"I like it. When it's just us and we aren't trying to make the universe happy." He confesses , making Grace look down at him.

"Me too." She admits , her eyes drooping.
The now a little sober Max notices and scoots over.

The offer is inticing and a too high on life Grace doesn't think twice before laying down next to him. His expensive cologne fills her nostrils , almost causing her too cough. Yet a few breaths later she's already grown fond of it- enough to fall asleep in it's presence.

—-
It's giving Jackson Wangs infamous wattpad fanfic party