Prologue: A Life-Changing Turn

It was a clear day, yet Ahn Haemin wondered why he could feel water trickling down his face despite the forecast showing no sign of rain for the day. It took a pair of hands to touch the source of water for him to realise it was his tears. He was crying, and ugly so. Sobs kept coming out of his mouth, but everyone had already left and no one was there to hear him in front of the graves of his beloved parents.

His parents had always spoiled him to death and gave him endless love despite how wild and out of control their son was. Their son who would always get into fights, play around, and come home late. Their son who disregarded his parents and didn't spend enough time with them.

That was who he was; an unfilial child.

Bitterly, the deaths of his parents were what finally woke him up to reality, and realising what a piece of shit he truly was. He was a scumbag with no future. He didn't care about school, he fought and slept around instead of studying properly.

He used to say: "Bare minimum is the way, money is not an issue."

Because he had a good family background, he thought he could take the easy way. Why struggle so much when it could be solved with money? Fighting and sending people to the hospital? It wasn't a big deal, he could just settle it with some money.

However, it was a wrong mindset he had from the beginning. It was twisted of him to think in such a way. All this was nothing but the sake of self-satisfaction.

He loved his parents, but he took them for granted and never showed any appreciation towards them. Now that he had learnt his lesson and wanted to redeem himself, it was too late.

He had already missed his chance. It wasn't just one but thousands of opportunities that he had thrown out.

After his parents left him, he felt so remorseful and ashamed of himself. He should've been invested in family time, he should've treated his parents what they deserved, and he should've lived a life where they wouldn't need to be constantly worried about him.

He was sorry.

Please forgive him for his sins, and grant him a chance for redemption.

Mum, Dad... I promise I will live an upright life from now on.

But first, he needed to cut off those people...

Min Woojin. Lee Taekyung. Shin Yoonjae.

He had never thought much before but now that his eyes had opened, he recognised the danger of those people. They were all of the same age and in the same circle, and although he was wild, compared to them, he could easily be considered mild.

Those three were all crazy fuck—no, people he needed to remove from his life.

However, considering the things they had gone through together, he knew it would be impossible for them to sit still and accept it.

Ahn Haemin couldn't imagine the severity of the aftermath of cutting them off.

Min Woojin was a talented gamer, he could never defeat him in games. He was someone who lost his cool easily and never forgot grudges. What made Min Woojin so dangerous was that sometimes, he couldn't differentiate between games and real life and would cross the line without guilt. Who knew what he had up in his sleeves?

Compared to Min Woojin, Lee Taekyung could fight well, but he would handle it in the messiest ways. His victims always preferred to get beaten up by literally anyone but him. His way of fighting was brutal and of poor taste. Although Ahn Haemin did beat him, he would rather not fight him if he could.

Shin Yoonjae would be a better opponent but not easier. His unfathomable face made it hard to know what he was actually thinking. He always wore a crafty smile and was always calm and collected. But Ahn Haemin knew how bloodthirsty Shin Yoonjae was for strong fighters. Besides Lee Taekyung, Shin Yoonjae was another one with fighting skills, but he would only fight if the other person was strong. The stronger the person was, the harder it was for Shin Yoonjae to stop.

In short...

They would definitely kill him.

But so what?

"Try to kill me if you even can. Let's never meet again, you psychotic trio!"

This was for everyone's own good! Definitely not just his.

Ahn Haemin immediately sold his house after finishing his military service and moved to another country. Leaving behind his wild past, he openly welcomed the blooming of his upright life.

●○○

It came out sooner than I thought.