01: A Playground Filled With People to Fight

Sounds made by a shooting game playing on the huge TV ran in the background in the living room. Ahn Haemin was on the couch holding a game controller, pushing the buttons and moving the joystick as he kept shooting his targets one after another. Although he was gaming, one of his ears was casually listening to his mother from afar talking about the school he transferred to.

"Haemin, I know you're very passionate. At your age, it's normal to be enthusiastic. Mum understands it. However, it's not good to switch schools whenever you get tired of it. This will be the last one, okay? You only have two years left before you enter High School."

After entering the living room, she placed a tray with a bowl of cut fruits, a drink, and some snacks on the table in front of Ahn Haemin.

"We moved to another city due to your father's job, you'll get to know a lot of new people here. This school isn't bad, I've heard that there are a lot of students with influential backgrounds. You'll fit in perfectly."

Seeing no response coming from her son who was so into the game, she rolled up a newspaper that was on the table and smacked him on the head with it.

"Are you even listening to your mum? Play, keep playing and you'll become a real addict!"

Finally, Ahn Haemin reacted to his mother. He put his hand on his head and let out a cry.

"Ow! Mum, I'm listening, I promise!" He quickly added the last part when he saw her raising the rolled-up newspaper in her hand, preparing for another smack.

His mother sighed at her son's action and put the newspaper down.

"So, what are your thoughts about it?"

"Huh...." Ahn Haemin stretched his stiff arms that hadn't been moved for a long time while gaming. He leaned back on the couch and shrugged.

"As long as the school is entertaining enough for me——but even if it isn't, I'll just endure it!"

He changed his tone midway when he received a look from his mother.

"It's okay if you aren't being truthful." His mother smiled gently. "Even if you beg to change schools later, we won't let you. So, make sure to get along with your peers tomorrow because you will be with them for a long time."

Ahn Haemin had already changed schools three times within a year before he moved to a big city hours away. In each school, he fought the strongest and won every time but afterwards, the excitement died because there wasn't anything left to do. Jumping from school to school was something he did to revive the excitement of fighting new people. However, due to the negative impact on his school records and taking advantage of moving away, this school would be his last time to transfer.

He believed he wasn't to be blamed for transferring so many times. Who told the schools to be so boring and full of weak people? The troublemakers at each school were so pathetically weak, he couldn't enjoy a speck of his victories because it wasn't even worth celebrating them.

Ahn Haemin just hoped the new school was different this time. He normally wouldn't have high hopes but according to his parents, this time it was a large and reputable school.

A large school = more students = more challenges.

Ahn Haemin could see how big the school was just by standing in front of the school gates. Tons of students walked through the entrance, a few unrefined guys passed by and one of them bumped his shoulder in the process.

"Hey, Bastard. Watch where you're going!" The guy turned his head around and gave a disdainful look at the other party whose head was down. "Tsk. Next time, you're dead. You hear me?" He then spat on the ground before leaving with his group.