Prologue

"You're my only peace when my life is in shambles. How can you leave me when I'm at my worst?"

0: Prologue

- February 8, 2024

→ →✧•✧← ←

"You disgust me..."

Binalot ng katahimikan ang buong palasyo ngayong araw ng malaking paghatol. Walang ni isang may gustong umimik, ni maging gumalaw sa kanilang mga kinatatayuan sapagkat alam ng lahat ang babala na kaakibat sa pagsuway sa pinuno. Gustuhin man nilang pumagitna sa nangyayari ay wala silang magagawa.

Sa loob ng silid ng hukuman, naroroon ang pinunong nakaupo sa trono, habang ang isa nama'y nakaluhod sa kanyang harapan, puno ng pasa at sugat mula ulo hanggang paa, at tila ba'y parang aso kung humingi ng tulong. Hindi man sila naimik but their eyes tells them everything they need to know. For the first time in eternity, they couldn't decipher all their sorrows and regrets shoved in their throats.

"How could they betray me?" Was the question that lingers inside their minds. Ang parehong panig ay hindi nabigyan ng pagkakataong ipaliwanag ang kanilang mga intensyon, bagkus ang mga puso ng dalawa'y tuluyan nang naging bingi.

No one expects it all to happen. Masyado silang naging kampante sa pamumuno ng palasyo, but they didn't realize that they have entrusted their existence to a stain. A sinner arose from the kingdom's corridors; a man betrayed his own word. Now, for years of finding the nuisance, an announcement was held:

The sinner was caught today and is held for judgment.

Ngunit ang naiwan niyang mga bakas ay hindi na muling maaayos pa.

"Banish this traitor from my land!"

"A-Aking reyna, humihingi po ako ng isa pang pagkakataon," He bowed, as he clasped his hands, begging for her mercy. "Patawarin niyo po ako, para niyo nang awa!"

Hindi matiis ng pinuno na maawa sa kanyang kalagayan, ngunit ang kanyang mamamayan ay humihingi ng hustisya. She shuts her eyes, as the guards forced the man to fix his posture, yet it didn't stop him from begging for her forgiveness... and for his "innocence."

"At paano ko mapapatawad ang taong sinaksak ako at ng mga tao ko sa likod?" She began, as she opened her eyes to stare at the poor man's state. "Paano mo nasikmura ang kasakiman mo?"

"Hindi kasakiman ang pagligtas sa..."

"Silence!"

"M-Mahal na reyna..."

"I will hear no more." She demanded, signalling her guards to get him up. She stood up from her seat, as she slowly walked to him, never baiting an eye on everything else. Each step is like a ticking time bomb, that one misstep can cause a lot of emotions to burst. Sa kanyang panghuling hakbang, hinawakan niya ng bahagya ang labi ng nasasakdal, before she glance at him one last time.

Halo-halo ang emosyon na nadarama ng reyna, ngunit lahat ng iyon ay para saktan siya. Hindi parin siya makapaniwala sa mga nangyayari, na umabot sa puntong hinihiling niya na sana isa lamang itong walang kwentang panaginip. Inaasam na sa paggising niya, siya'y mahimbing na natutulog sa kanyang tabi.

"You really... really disgust me. It's a shame that I even trusted you." She softly whispered, as she instantly went rushing back to her seat, looking at the ground. Promptly, the announcer has announced the verdict of the queen---the verdict she could never utter.

"This is the verdict of the Queen of Seraphaine to the King Consort of Seraphaine, Agnete:

'This is the queen of your realm, Seraphaine, who holds the judgment that will soon befall on this seraph.

I will strip off his every title, duty, and permission from this realm. He will no longer step into this maiden land, as he will no longer be called King Consort but a sinner!

He will suffer the pain of death without dying, until this world comes to an end, and everything he did from the beginning will have the same consequence!

I now hereby declare darkness over his entire entity, and whoever follows his hideous procedures will be worse than him!!'"

His eyes widened after hearing everything, and due to his sorrow devouring him, he kneeled down, lowered his head where no one could see his face, as his tears fell on the floor afterwards. He tried to muffle his voice, but everyone in the room heard the genuineness behind his cries. Sila'y naawa sa kalagayan ng dating hari, ngunit ni maging ang humatol ay hindi malabanan ang hustisya.

'Di kinalaunan, ang buong itsura ng lalaki ay nag-iba, mula sa kanyang taingang humaba, ang masiglang kulay ng kanyang balat ay napalitan ng kawalan ng pag-asa, hanggang sa ginintuan niyang buhok, na naging itim dahil sa sumpa. Later on, he glanced at her, and she saw how lifeless those eyes became, and how the mark below his eyes glowed not in light, but in darkness.

"This sinner really lost his morals in front of your queen. Banish him." She sighed, getting up before leaving him. The guards did as what was told, and Agnete, who couldn't muster any more strength to wreck havoc, accepted the fate his queen granted.

"My queen," One of her knights met her after she left the room, having a report on hand about the object of the suspect. "Meron po siyang marka ng traydor, ngunit ang kapangyarihan ay galing sa inyo."

Napailing nalamang ang reyna, at walang nagawa kundi ang mapaupo sa sahig dahil sa mga nangyayari. Hindi rin nagtagal at ang marka sa kanyang noo ay lumitaw at nagningning, senyales na ang pinuno ay nagdurusa.

Wala na siyang natitira pang lakas upang hatulan ang daing ng mamamayan, at sa 'di malaman-laman na dahilan ay hindi niya magawa na bigyan din ng parusa ito.

'What have you done to me?'

"Do whatever you want with it, Ayla. But never let that stay." She pleaded, unable to face the knight because of the guilt building up inside her. The knight understood, and silently left the queen behind, who's now mourning for her greatest loss.

But deep inside their hearts, they know a time will come for this universe to end. Now that their world is nothing but a broken government, the queen hopes for the worse, but also for the better. It is from today onwards that her judgment might seem wise to many, but is now full of dullness.

"I think I cannot lead them with great rulership without you." She mumbled as she stood up afterwards.

She had made up her mind, especially about the sinner and what he did. Tunay na wala nang makapagpabago nito, at nararapat lang na wala nang makaaalam pa sa mga naganap ngayon.

Alam niya na dahil dito, balang araw ay magkakaroon ito ng malaking epekto sa mga seraph lalong lalo na sa kanyang pamumuno, dahil nailathala na ang tadhana para sa lahat.

She knows her realm will be no more.

'If he insists, let that curse bear the weight of my people.'

→ →✧•✧← ←

A/N: Hi ho! Ish is here! XD

Some of you are confused, and yeah, it is a bit... understandable, BUT that's why the author's note exists!

I'll leave at least three hints regarding to the prologue mwehehehe

Hints:
• The realm of Seraphaine, is a realm and also a world. It is not on the earth, but it is said that they have access to it. (Sa mga Encantadia lovers jan, sana nagets.)
• The mark mentioned on their faces symbolizes their emotions. They can still show expressions like a smile or a frown, but the brigther the mark, the deeper the sorrow. Yeah, kinda like it's the alternative for crying.
• Seraphs are the "humans" in their realm, and its name is Seraphaine, so guess the name of the queen. :>
• This originally started because of my bestie's 2 sketches mwehehe so maybe one day, if the queen's name is revealed (and some secrets) we can discuss it.

So far, yan lang naman. Feel free to drop any questions hehe. And pasensiya na kung hindi niyo bet mwa mwa.

Enjoy the story!