7 - Avatar

"Laip'xi stop it, for Eywa's sake, why are you jealous of my Ikran?"

The beast growled, sulking that he was recently spending more time training young warriors and flying around on an Ikran, than riding around the forest with her. Tsu'tey quickly dodged her incoming hug. She grew to be quite the unit over the past few years, effortlessly getting to twice her previous size, making it difficult for him to endure her affection. Her hugs were now quite literally deadly and Tsu'tey didn't know how to break it to her, making her often upset. But he did make it up to her with pats and treats. Letting her know how much he treasures her. They had grown to be inseparable, although he did have to compete with Neytiri for her affection at some point. His future mate loved Laip'xi and often teased him about how she would bond with her and steal her away from Tsu'tey.

Now he had to face a different problem. He was tasked with training the new warriors and Laip'xi was making it difficult, playfully scaring the kids and interfering with their training. Now he wished that Neytiri would divert the canine's attention, so he could peacefully focus on his task. A few fellow na'vi started calling him a grandpa as a joke when he started sighing very often, due to Laip'xi's mischievousness.

*whine*

"Xixi, I'm really sorry I don't spend as much time with you, but I have responsibilities, we are not teenagers anymore, please forgive me"

He gently patted her muzzle, hoping she'd understand. Although it was frustrating, she did understand and was sorry for causing trouble. She licked his hand and connected their queues, letting him know she was sorry and promising not to disturb him anymore. He smiled and hugged her giant head. She purred and cut the connection, letting him go back to training. As soon as he turned away, his face changed to its expressionless usual self. And Laip'xi went to bother Neytiri for a change, much to the girl's delight.

She huffed with a pinch of anger. She had to search quite a chunk of the forest to find Neytiri and when she did, the girl immediately shushed her. Laip'xi crouched, leaning over the branch they were on, curious to see what Neytiri was looking at. 

*growl*

"Shh, don't"

It was an avatar. He was walking through the forest, anxiously waving a torch around, agitating the wildlife with it. Laip'xi was ready to pounce on him but her friend held her back for a reason unknown to her. She exhaled and calmed down, trusting Neytiri's decision to just observe him. She must have seen a special sign before Laip'xi came. They watched him for a while until they jumped down to save him from a pack of Viperwolves who attacked him. He was yelling profanities in English at the creatures. Laip'xi crushed one with her weight as she landed on the ground and growled loud enough for most of them to disperse. Then Neytiri shot one that was being held back by the avatar, from biting his face off. Laip'xi tore the viperwolf off of him and threw it away. That gave him even more of a scare, as he started to scramble backwards to get away from the giant beast. Then he saw Neytiri behind it, talking in na'vi to the small creature that had attacked him, before delivering it a finishing blow. When she was done, she took his torch and threw it into a nearby stream, allowing the forest to illuminate naturally.

"Hey don't"

The avatar was upset when Neytiri put out his only source of light until he saw how the plants began to glow and he understood. They all then heard whimpers from the viperwolf that Laip'xi crushed but didn't kill. Neytiri went over to it, sat down and began saying her goodbyes to the creature. Laip'xi then growled at the man when he approached Neytiri and he put his hands up defensively. He squatted down and looked at the na'vi.

"Look, I know you probably don't understand this, but thank you...Thank you...That was pretty impressive"

Both gave an angry side eye as Neytiri continued soothing the small canine before killing it, letting it finally rest and join Eywa.