8 - Jake Sully

Everything happened so fast, even Laip'xi barely reacted in time. They were crossing a root bridge when a bola flew out of nowhere and hit the outsider, tying up his legs and making him fall. Laip'xi managed to catch him as he was falling, keeping herself from hitting the ground along with him by wrapping her tail around the root they were standing on until now. She was holding him by the back of his shirt, which slowly started to rip.

"Laip'xi, heel! Right now!"

She tensed up, never hearing Tsu'tey shout so loudly before. She swung the avatar onto a plant below him so he'd land safely. Then she let go of the root and made several na'vi lose balance from the impact when she landed in front of them. She greeted Tsu'tey with a purr and went behind him. His group surrounded the intruder, who gave up fairly fast when they pointed their arrows at him. Neytiri jumped down into the circle and tried to calm them down. Then she spotted Tsu'tey and eyed him for an explanation.

"What are you doing, Tsu'tey?"

He walked up to her with Laip'xi glued to his side.

"These demons are forbidden here"

"There has been a sign, this is a matter for the Tsahik"

Tsu'tey stayed silent, but his flattened ears showed his displeasure very clearly. He jumped up onto Laip'xi's back, connecting their queues.

"Bring him"

They turned around, intending to walk in front, so Tsu'tey wouldn't have to look at the man.

"What's going on?"

The avatar seemed to not understand na'vi and was confused when everyone hid their weapons and started to move. They grabbed him from behind and pushed him to walk.

As they approached the home tree, Tsu'tey and direhorse riders behind him raised their bows, so others would let them pass through. Laip'xi and Tsu'tey were already inside, talking to Eytukan when Neytiri, the outsider and the rest of the group arrived. The unknown avatar was visibly tired, it probably hasn't been long since he came to Pandora and started using this body. Eytukan turned around when he saw them enter.

"Father, I see you"

Neytiri pushed the avatar away and gave her greetings to her father. He only briefly looked at her before speaking.

"This creature, why do you bring him here?"

"I was going to have Laip'xi send him back, but there was a sign from Eywa"

"I have said, no dreamwalker will come here-"

"What's he saying?"

The avatar interrupted the one-sided conversation between the father and daughter.

"-his alien smell fills my nose"

Eytukan was right, he stank. Laip'xi could tell he smelled like the laboratory and chemicals from a shower gel.

"My father is deciding whether to kill you...if we found you in the forest, you'd still be able to go home as Laip'xi protects all na'vi, but here, it's not so easy for her"

"Great...your father, it's nice to meet you, sir"

Everyone freaked out when he attempted to approach the clan leader and Laip'xi had to growl loudly to calm everyone down, letting them know nothing has changed and she'd still protect all na'vi, him including"

Finally, Tsahik had enough of the ruckus and descended down the tree, telling everyone to step back.

"I will look at this alien"

"That is Mother, she is Tsahik, the one who interprets the will of Eywa"

"Who's Eywa?"

Laip'xi couldn't believe her ears. He didn't know who Eywa was...was he truly a driver? Grace would never let anyone so inexperienced into the program, let alone outside the wall. While he was asking questions, Mo'at observed him, walking around him and checking how much alike he was to them.