Chapter 5.5 ~ Intermission

Hello, and welcome to the first "character chapter" of Power Up. These chapters exist to provide information on each major character up to that point in the story, including things that have already been said as well as new information to give each character more... character. I do recommend reading through the whole chapter, as there will be new information that has not and may not be shown anywhere else. Thus begins the first character chapter!

Asher Cloud ~ (Ash)

Ash couldn't have asked for a better life. He lives with his parents, who have raised him and have been there for him when he needed them. However, his parents aren't often home. They share the same job that requires them to travel often, but Ash doesn't even know exactly what they do. Either way, he loves them, and they love him, and he's sure they're off exploring interesting locations right now. Without them at home, Ash has taught himself to cook and makes sure he's doing what he should. He's independent and responsible but can get ahead of himself at times.

Flair: Power Up - This Flair allows its user to generate "power" that can be shifted throughout their body and into other things. The "power" enhances whatever it is applied to. This means it will increase the ability of anything it goes through, often amplifying strength and durability, but may yield different results based on what is receiving "power."

Age: 18

Favorite Color: Red

Favorite Food: Club Sandwich

Jack Spade ~ (Jack)

Jack ended up in a similar situation as Ash, but through very different means. Jack's father left before he was born, and his mother lives off of welfare. Jack has always felt bad for his mother, leading him to try and get money to help them live better than they were previously. In recent years, his mother has become a mean person, making Jack want to spend as much time away from home as possible. He still has a slight urge to help her, simply because of what she's been through raising Jack in his early years, but he wouldn't force himself to help her if she didn't need it. The one thing Jack still does for his mother is wear a mask to protect his identity as well as hers, hoping she is still okay.

Flair: Vortex - This Flair allows its user to pull things without touching them. If the user targets a specific object, they can pull it with varying force. Rather than making a vacuum, it simply pulls the targeted object and nothing else around it.

Age: 18

Favorite Color: Purple

Favorite Food: Spaghetti

Rodd Magnum ~ (Magnum)

Magnum prefers to keep his past a secret from anybody, even Ash and Jack. These are the only parts he will share: Magnum used to be a cop during the age of heroes, and Magnum is actually his last name, his first name being Rodd. Even though he purposefully hides his past from others, Magnum really does want to help with the revolution plan.

Flair: Strength - This Flair simply multiplies the strength of its user's muscles and does not need to be activated.

Age: 43

Favorite Color: Gold

Favorite Food: Steak

Cade Angus ~ (Cade)

Two years ago, Cade awakened his Flair and decided to lead a life of crime. Taking his chances into consideration, he figured he wouldn't be in any more danger as a criminal than doing anything else with his life. After being shown Ash's dedication and strength, Cade supposed that securing a better future for Flair users like himself was something worth fighting for.

Flair: Slipstream - This Flair allows its user to create strong slipstreams around their body. These slipstreams allow the user to move much faster at varying speeds.

Age: 20

Favorite Color: Gray

Favorite Food: Kung Pao Chicken

Ellee Lena ~ (Ellee)

Ellee changed her name a few years ago after coming out as transgender and has since cut ties with her family. She was originally assigned male at birth and was named Ethan Alexander. Ellee struggled with coming out for a couple years and finally decided to do it when she turned eighteen. When she did, her parents strongly disapproved. So, rather than being forced back in the closet, Ellee completely cut ties with them and soon changed her name before beginning hormone replacement therapy. On the same day she came out, Ellee had awakened her Flair, which her parents never found out about. Nowadays, Ellee is the happiest she's ever been.

Flair: Sample - This Flair allows its user to know exactly how another's Flair works by making contact with them, whether that be physical touch or just hearing their voice. If the user forgets what someone's Flair does, they can relearn it by making contact once again. Once the user knows how someone's Flair works, they can manipulate and inject that Flair into a nonliving object. If the user tries to inject a Flair without full knowledge on how that Flair works, it will do nothing.

Age: 22

Favorite Color: Turquoise

Favorite Food: Ice Cream

That's the end of this character chapter! There will be more of these in the future, so look out for those when they release. How this will work in the future is that each one will include new characters that will be introduced after this point, new information about already existing characters, and some more of these personally written paragraphs by me. I hope you have enjoyed the character chapter, and look forward to more in the future!