Chapter 3: "An Idiot"

•Season 1 Episode 2•

"Enjoy life, there's plenty of time to be dead"

It was supposed to be a quick run as a group into Atlanta for supplies. Yet it was all going to shit. And you would think, "How can anything go to shit if the world already did?", because of a fucking idiot. Some idiot thought it was a great idea to go through the city and get trapped in a tank, drawing in every walker in the city. Well not every single one, but enough to make us trapped in the building.

I stood by Glenn as he tried to contact the idiot in the tank. Glancing around ever so often to watch our surroundings.

"Hey, are you alive in there?", Glenn asked into the small hand radio. A man's voice returned in reply, "Hello. Hello?". "There you are, you had me wondering.", Glenn replied with a small chuckle. Again the man's voice came onto the radio, "Where are you? Are you outside? Can you see me right now?", the man asked. "Yeah, I can see you right now. You're surrounded by walkers. That's the bad news.", Glenn told the man in the tank.

I shifted slightly next to Glenn. I was a little pissed that we were helping this idiot. Because of him, we couldn't get through the city. The man came onto the radio again asking, "There's good news?". "No", Glenn replied plainly. "Listen, whoever you are, I don't mind telling you I'm a little concerned in here", the man said. I snicker slightly earning me an elbow in the ribs and a glare from Glenn. I hold my hands up to show I'm done making fun of the idiot. Glenn turns his attention back to the idiot in the tank.

"Oh man, you should see it from over here. You'd be having a major freakout.", Glenn told the man. I give Glenn a small look. Was that not making fun of him? "Got any advice for me?", the man asked. "Yeah, I'd say make a run for it.", Glenn replied. "Make a run for it?", the man asked skeptically. "My way's not as dumb as it sounds. You've got eyes on the outside here. There's one geek still up on the tank but the others have climbed down and joined the feeding frenzy where the horse went down. With me so far?", Glenn told the man.

"So far", the man replied. "Okay, the street on the other side of the tank is less crowded. If you move now while they're distracted, you stand a chance. Got ammo?", Glenn asked. "In that duffle bag, I dropped out there, and guns. Can I get to it?", the man replied. I looked around, looking for the bag before spotting it. Glenn looked at me and I shook my head no. "Forget the bag, okay? It's not an option. What do you have on you?", Glenn said to the man. "Hang on", the man replied.