Chapter 6: "Not so Intimidating"

•Season 1 Episode 4•

"Everything you ever wanted is on the other side of fear."

I opened my eyes and quickly shut them again, the light blinding me, and making my head throb more. I groan softly and blink a few times, letting my eyes adjust to the room and the lighting. I try to sit up and pull against the ropes keeping me to the metal chair. "Rosie?", I hear Glenn call out. I look to my side to see Glenn watching me with a worried look on his face. Glenn is also tied to a metal chair. "Are you ok?", Glenn asks.

"I'm alright.", I say with a small nod. Despite the possibility of a minor concussion, I would say we're all right.  I glance around the room. It's a bit plain, not much in it besides a bed and a dresser. The window is boarded up and the door is closed.

I glance at the window again. We could pry the boards off the window and pray that the drop wouldn't be too bad if we could get out of these ropes that is. I quickly turn to the door as I hear several footsteps coming closer. My heart beats a little faster as I try to prepare myself for whatever is to come.

The group of Mexicans walk in, surrounding me and Glenn. One steps forward, looking me and Glenn up and down. "I'm going to cut you and your friend free now. I only ask that you don't try to escape or hurt any of my people. We only took you to trade you to your people for the guns. My group needs them for protection. We had no intention of hurting you, and I apologize if we did.", the one says.

I glance at Glenn. How could we know if we could trust them? I tense up slightly as the man steps forward, pulling a small pocket knife out of his pocket. He steps forward and cuts the ropes that bound Glenn to the metal chair. Glenn remains sitting and glances at me as the man approaches me. Glenn gives me a look as if telling me to not do anything yet. I stare at the man as he cuts the ropes that bound me to the chair. Once I'm free, I rub my wrists which are a bit red from my pulling against the ropes. The man apologizes and backs up.

"My name is Guillermo.", the man says. After a few moments of silence, the man and his group exit the room. The door closes but it doesn't click, letting me know they haven't looked at it. I get up and approach Glenn. "Are you okay?", I ask him as I look him over. He nods. I scan the room once again, inspecting the boards on the window. I approach the door slowly and quietly. I reach out and turn the handle as quietly as possible. I peek out the door, seeing people walking by but no one is guarding the door.

"What would we do?", Glenn asks softly as I close the door. "I don't know...", I reply. I truly didn't know what to do. We could try and escape and risk being shot or bit by a geek. Maybe Rick and the group were coming. Maybe we should wait. I sat down on the floor beside the bed and Glenn joined me.