(𝐈.)𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

TOMORROW WAS A DAY THAT F/N HAD BEEN DREADING, A DAY THAT WOULD AFFECT THE KINGDOM, A DECISION THAT WOULD CHANGE HER LIFE FOREVER. In her room, she sat, in the armchair with a warm drink in hand. Never in her life had she felt so afraid, so distressed before.

She glanced at the dress hung against the wall, feeling the intense aura emitting as if taunting her and her restricted and unfree life. She frowned, looking out the window at the snow. But instead of the snow, she was met with a single red feather, floating outside her window. With furrowed eyebrows, she stared at it for a moment until it did a twirl and started to fly away.

Curious, F/n ran down the stairs and snuck out into the garden. Wearing her thick cloak, F/n searched for the feather. The snow fell from the sky and onto the hood of her cloa, disappearing into the white fur. She then felt something tickling her nose. The feather flew in front of her face and tilted to the side as if making a confused face.

Just as F/n was about to reach for it, the feather flew away and further into the garden. The girl huffed out a breath and ran to follow after it, deciding that she needed a break from her thoughts anyway. Through the garden, she ran but the feather was soon hard to catch up.

So she jumped and pushed herself with her wings. The large pair of wings flapped and levitated her from the ground, giving her the speed she needed to catch up with the feather. Stretching out her arm, she reached for the feather, grunting as she pushed herself faster.

But due to her not using her wings too much, she lost her balance and stumbled to the ground, her wings hugging her body, protecting her slightly from the crash. She pushed herself up in a sitting position and brushed off the snow. She stood up and got rid of the snow from her body, fluttering her wings as she did so.

As she was cleaning herself up, she felt another tickling sensation from under her nose and there it appeared again, the red feather she had been following. The girl glared at it, annoyed by how difficult it was to catch it. But she was nowhere close to giving up. It was unlike her.

And so she followed it again, into the woods as it led her from the snow-covered trees.

She was on no path as she followed it, only relying on the feather to guide her. Or maybe it was because she was too blinded to catch it to even realise where she was going. Deeper and deeper, she went and taller, the trees grew. The feather stopped and did a flip before vanishing behind the thick vines amongst the trees.

It was then that F/n realised where she was. Compared to the one in the garden, the snow was thinner on the forest grounds. The trees were tall and they might be the tallest F/n had seen in her life. She had never gone into the forest before, only trapping herself either in her room or out in the garden on some rare occasions.