(𝐈𝐕.)𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒

THE KING LOWERED HIS HEAD WITH A DEEP FROWN ON HIS LIPS AS EVERYONE WAITED FOR HIS RESPONSE. "A dance it is."

Music started to fill the room. Prince Shoto was then urged, or more like commanded, by his father to offer F/n his hand.

"May I?" he asked in his monotonic voice.

F/n looked into his cold heterochromia eyes, but unlike the enchanted forest, they were beautiful but dead. She pursed her lips and placed her hand on top of his, letting him lead her to the centre of the room.

They danced and danced. He twirled her around and around. And yet, not a single word was uttered. It was as though everything was forced, from the beginning to the end of the song.

Then, they bowed, the prince walking away silently right after. Another man appeared, this time the son of a noble family with his parents beside him, both giving her warm smiles.

"Good evening, Princess F/n," the father said as the family of three bowed at her. "May I present to you my son, Kirishima Eijirou."

"It's an honour to meet you, Your Highness," the man with spiky red hair bowed and a wide grin.

F/n said nothing, only curtsied to the man with her eyes stuck to the ground. But the moment she raised her head, their eyes met. It wasn't anything as unique as Prince Shoto's nor did it have any shine behind them like Touya's do.

It was just pure red. But out of everything that red could represent, it was just plain cheerfulness. Maybe with a glint of masculinity and a sprinkle of gentleness and just a little bit of admiration. For her?

The very moment his parents left the two of them, he spoke to her in that voice of his; manly yet kind.

"I've been thinking on how to approach you but I guess parents could be of help at times like this," Kirishima chuckled in an awkward manner, rubbing the back of his neck in an almost modest manner.

"No worries," F/n assured him. "Your initiative in wanting to approach someone is enough to be admirable."

The man smiled happily, bowing to her when the music began to play. "May I have this dance?"

They danced along the shiny ballroom floor, centre of the attention. It was as though there was a light directed to the dancing pair, seemingly as though they were the main characters of a movie.

As everyone watched the princess dance with the son of the duke of Levania, the other noble families began to take interest in the possibility of dancing with the princess.

After the song finished, the next noble family introduced their son to her. She danced song after song all night, never having the chance to sit and rest. Finally, she was able to escape from the marquess who was just about to introduce his son to her.