Chapter 5: Deals

A full month elapsed, and during this time, Muramasa dedicated himself to activities beyond the dungeon's depths. His focus shifted to his workshop, where he labored diligently, creating not only weapons but also contributing his expertise to construction projects. Brief strolls through the town punctuated his routine, with a special purpose driving him for delivering essential supplies and funds to the orphanage. Collaborating with the Goibniu Familia, especially Marco, a skilled craftsman in construction, proved to be a fruitful partnership. Marco's support extended to leaving a gift for Muramasa within Hephaestus' workshop, an Orichalcum hammer, the pinnacle of craftsmanship and durability. Muramasa cherished the gift and utilized it continuously, a sight that never failed to bring a smile to Marco's face, though she would avert her gaze when he caught her looking.

Through weeks of dedicated effort, the new orphanage began to take shape. Muramasa, leveraging his connections, established a stable flow of resources for the orphanage, including provisions and funds. He even orchestrated a charitable initiative with the guild's assistance, securing a better future for the children. The magnitude of his kindness and dedication led the children to revere him as a grandfatherly figure, their admiration flowing forth in full measure.

Unbeknownst to Maria, there existed an undisclosed facet of Muramasa's dealings. A clandestine arrangement with Hermes.

Unexpectedly, the air was pierced by Hermes' voice, breaking the tranquility. As he adjusted his hat and regarded Muramasa with a mixture of surprise and curiosity, he remarked, "A pleasant surprise to encounter none other than Senji Muramasa."

"I had heard rumors of your presence, Lord Hermes, though it seem you got my message

"I had heard rumors of your presence, Lord Hermes, though it seem you got my message." Muramasa replied, taking a seat at the table of the Hostess of Fertility.

With an amiable demeanor, Hermes inquired, "So, my friend, what have you been occupying yourself with?"

Muramasa's friendly smile matched his words as he shared, "Mostly immersed in work as usual. I've ventured into the Dungeon a handful of times for supply collection."

Hermes nodded in understanding. "And what may I get for both of you? But do be on your best behavior, lord Hermes." Mama Mia interjected, her expression revealing her dissatisfaction with Hermes' presence.

In response, Hermes chimed, "No worries at all. I'm here simply for conversation. Any drink will do. Thank you."

Muramasa's order followed, "A Sobacha tea, please, Mia."

With their orders taken, Mama Mia departed. A minute later, their drinks arrived. As the innkeeper returned to her duties, Muramasa and Hermes resumed their discussion.

"I advise you to keep an eye on Lord Hermes, Muramasa. I don't want a repeat of his antics with my girls" Mama Mia warned, a tone of caution evident in her words.

Hermes, taken aback by the comment, defended himself with a nervous smile, attributing his behavior to being carried away while drinking. Mama Mia's response was stern but not threatening but it was just a reminder of the potential consequences.