❤️‍🩹3❤️‍🩹

Pov Uzair

A month into our marriage,
A month I'd made a point of ignoring Shumaila

it was easy, I just had to pretend she didn't exist, yet she still didn't seem to understand my decision.

She kept doing pointless things like sending me food at lunchtime and I always ended up giving it to Arvind, she was a good cook, I knew that very well but there was no way I was going to taste anything she made.

As usual after my boxing training, which helped me to let off steam after the latest events, I greeted everyone and set off for home.

I rang the doorbell and was surprised to find Bano, a maid who'd been working at the house since last year, opening the door for me.

Usually it was always Shumaila, but why didn't she do it today ?

Perhaps she'd finally got it into her head that no matter how many times she opened the door with a big smile, only my hostility would go unanswered.

"Assalam Alaikkum Mr.Uzair" says Bano to me.

"Assalam Alaikkum" I say to her simply before going up the stairs.

I went to freshen up and when I came back from the bathroom there wasn't a trace of Shumaila.

I went downstairs to pour myself a glass of water.

"Where are the others ?" I asked Bano, who was doing the washing up.

"They left suddenly to visit your great-aunt, she's just come back today" she informed me

I winced, I'd never liked her, she was so fond of boasting about her son, and was always trying to make me look inferior to him, but was it my fault that I was successful in life and he wasn't ?
If he'd just stopped being a playboy for five minutes and concentrated on motivating himself, he would have been a success .

I was about to leave but a question popped into my head : "And ? Did she leave with them too ?" I ask in the most relaxed way possible.

Bano doesn't seem to understand, "Shumaila," I whisper, crossing my arms.

" Your Wife ?? " she asks really too happy

Although I wasn't happy to hear her call Shumaila like that, for the moment, she was defined as my wife in the eyes of the others, so I nodded nonchalantly.

"Mrs and Mr Jalees told her to stay, so that the two of you could visit your great-aunt together," she explained.

I nodded again, thanking her as I walked back up the stairs, thinking about tonight at the house, there was just me and Shumaila, but where was she ?
Well, she must have been here, probably doing something else.

"Worried ?" my inner voice asked provocatively.

I instantly laughed, worried about Shumaila ? Surely Not, just happy to have some peace tonight.

I finally went to bed and took one last look at the sofa, which was empty.

It was going to be a good night.

***********************************************
"KOF KOF KOF" I coughed.

I'd woken up in the middle of the night, my throat was dry, I needed water, and I turned on the small light in the bedroom to drink from my flask.
My eyes wandered to the sofa, she must be there ? It was one o'clock in the morning. But the sofa was as empty as when I went to bed.

Where could that girl have disappeared to ?

What was I going to tell my parents, especially my mother, if Shumaila didn't come back in the morning?