❤️‍🩹6❤️‍🩹

Pov Shumaila

I'd just finished showering and was standing in front of my dressing table mirror with my blue saree in my hands, deep in thought.

The good thing was that I'd ended up finding this single saree in my second suitcase, and I was inwardly grateful to my mother, who'd taken care to put it in my suitcase just in case.

But on the negative side, I was still stressed, would this saree do, was it worthy of this evening ? In no way did I want to look bad in front of the guests and humiliate the Jalees and especially Uzair.

I took a deep breath to catch my breath, I was definitely stressed.

"Allah's here, I've got nothing to worry about, everything's going to be fine," I reassured myself with a small smile in the reflection of the mirror.

I was heading for the bedroom door to lock it so I could change when Uzair burst into the room, preventing me from doing so.

"Mmmh Uzair..., I've got to change" I warn him, hoping he'll come out without resistance.

However, as usual, he ignored me, opening the side of the cupboard where he kept his important files that he had strictly forbidden me to access.

I swivelled around, waiting for him to leave, noticing that he was wearing a chocolate brown dinner jacket with a black T-shirt, which made him irresistible as usual, not to mention his hairstyle.

He emerged from the wardrobe with a huge bag and I recognised the logo of the shop where Zumaira and I had gone to buy the sarees.

He approached me and with a nonchalant air, he handed me the bag, keeping a space between us, I looked at him confused, and he sighed before waving the bag in front of me, telling me to take it.

"Is it for me ?" I asked him, far too surprised by his gesture.

He simply nodded, and hesitantly I took the bag in my hands.

Had lightning struck him on the head to buy me a gift of his own free will, or was he offering me a poisoned apple like in Snow White ?

Suspicious, I stepped out despite the contents of the bag, and my eyes opened wide when I saw what I was holding in my hands.

Was it the same pinkish-purple saree that I'd found so beautiful on the model ?

Yes, definitely, but how did he know ?

I looked at him in amazement, and he pointed out that there was one more thing in the bag.
It was a box of jewellery, but it wasn't extravagant, just simple and chic, to match my outfit for the evening and my tastes.

I really couldn't understand why he'd bought all this for me, but it saved me for tonight.

"Next time, instead of sending me shopping for you, buy it directly, and if I've given you my card, it's not so that you think I consider you a money-grabber, otherwise I'd have delivered you to the police, and that was a long time ago" he warned me, annoyed.

I turned back to Uzair, his expression bored, but I suddenly felt sentimental, and when I saw him about to leave, I couldn't help but catch up and wrap my arms around his chest, burying my face against his chest. He seemed to recoil, freezing for a moment at my action.

"Wha....What are you...? Let go of me," he said in a voice that was meant to be unpleasant, but I knew he was forcing himself into that intonation.

I shook my head negatively against his chest "Uzuuu, you've never let me down" I said, moved.