𝙤𝙣𝙚.

BELLA SWAN IS MYSTIFIED BY THE CULLENS, she stares at them, completely enticed

Until someone walks in front of her, blocking her view and forcing her back to reality. She shifts her eyes up, confused by the person standing near her.

Looking down at her is a tall blonde with a wide smile and buzzing blue eyes. "Um.." Bella breathes out.

"You must be Isabella." The blonde acknowledges.

Bella sighs and begins to fidget with her fingers. "Just Bella, actually."

"Oh! My apologies. I'm Dorothea." A manicured hand is held out towards Bella then.

Bella grasps it in hers and shakes it. "You don't have to apologize." Bella shrugs after her hand is released.

Dorothea sits in the chair next to her with a smile. "So, you're fro—"

"Why are you so late?" Jessica Stanley asks, interrupting Dorothea in the middle of her barely started sentence.

"I had some homework to finish in study hall." Dorothea answers, her finger tracing the lid of her bottle of water. "Which is horrible, by the way! I can't even listen to music in there."

"Mrs. Tooley hates to see people happy." Jessica comments.

Dorothea nods. "I'm beginning to believe she does." Jessica doesn't answer, getting distracted by something Mike Newton had said, so Dorothea turns back to Bella, her blonde hair falling over her shoulder in the process. "So, you're from Arizona?"

Bellas eyes flicker around Dorotheas face and finally settle on her eyes, which shine a delightful blue, even in the dull grey of the cafeteria. "Um, yeah."

"I went to Arizona for spring break once," Dorothea says, laughing lightly, "I got a sunburn so bad that I couldn't sleep on my back for nearly a month!" She laughs again, only harder this time, her eyes crinkle at the action.

Bella can't help but smile. "Yeah, I used to get burned all the time as a kid."

"Do you miss it?" Dorothea asks. "Not the getting burnt part," She smiles, "but your home?"

Bella nods. "I do." Even though the Swan girl has only been in Forks for less than 24 hours, she hates it—the rain, the clouds, the greenage that seemingly stretches on forever, and the fact that shes the newfound center of attention. "But I hope I'll get used to being here."

"I'm sure you will." Dorothea assures sweetly. "I moved here in the seventh grade, and now I couldn't imagine living elsewhere."