Chapter 3 The End and the Beginning (Part 3)

Zan Cui wakes up with a gasp and feels surprised that she dont feel any pain. Even if she survived shouldn't she be near death? She sits up and realizes that she is in the old room that she lived in before her sister moved to the royal palace. She is confused but then remembers the wish she made. Did she travel back in time? She stands up and walks towards the mirror. What she sees is her younger self before she is able to cultivate. She looks just like a young boy from a farmer's family. She is wearing the male clothes of the lower servant's sons. A simple hanfu with pants that have not been dyed except for her black trousers. Her long messy hair is painted black and is set up in a high ponytail. Her eyes are golden with slit pupils like that of a cat. Her face is beautiful but not very feminine so it is effortless for her to pass as a young boy. 

Zan Cui: So it did succeed, does that mean that uncle and sister are still alive?" Thinking of this she is in a hurry to find them but then she hears a voice in her head, a voice that she recognized. It is the dragon she met when she found the celestial jade. But that can't be right, If she has finally gone so far back in time then she should not have gained it yet.

The dragon: " Did you not hear me? You need to halt, I don't have much time to speak to you."

Zan Cui: " So I did not hear it wrong."

The dragon: "Of course you didn't, but you don't need to speak it out loud I can hear you through your mind."

Zan Cui: What is it, I am in a hurry?" She says cooly.

The dragon: " Sitt down first." Hearing this she sits back down on her bead again.

The dragon: " Look, I don't have much time so I will keep this breath. First, because of your self-sacrifice and the wish you made the celestial Jade is a part of you now and it will be destroyed with you unless you die of natural causes, like old age or an illness. Now it no longer holds its wish-granting powers as it has chosen you as its permanent master as you are the only one who used yourself as a sacrifice. Now it can fulfill its true purpose and help you become the next celestial dragon. It has opened its space for you containing all the knowledge and treasures of the first celestial dragon which was my master. Since you have become the real new owner I will soon disappear as my purpose is finally done. Inside the space is a divine dragon egg which you must raise like my previous master did with me, You are connected and you can't live without each other. The dragon is now your familiar and it will grow with you your choice will determine what kind of dragon it is. In order to enter you just need to focus your mental energy on the amulet, Don't worry the seal that was on you has not returned with you traveling back in time. Now I don't have much time left, The amulet is now fused with your body and you can see it if you remove the upper part of your clothes. It is no longer white and is now bla..." Right then she got cut off, so she assumes that the dragon's time has ended.

Zan Cui did not believe that the dragon was able to say everything that he needed to say, but it was enough for her to know what she should do, she could discover the rest later by entering the jade's space.  Thinking that this was important she decided to do this first before looking for her sister and uncle. After all the dragon has confirmed that this was indeed the past so she knows that they are alive. Curious she takes off the upper part of the hanfu to see the celestial jade and looks into the mirror. There just over her breasts in the middle, she can see the celestial jade that has now turned black. Seeing the sight is a little shocking because it is like it was burned into her skin and now after some healing skin started to grow around it to hold it in place. It looks disgusting yet mesmerizing. She touches it with her hand gently and the only thing she feels is the cool torture from the jade that brushes against her fingers signifying that she can feel nothing around the area that the jade sits in. She then puts on her clothes again and lays down on the bed now trying to enter inside the jade. She did and what she saw was the same pagoda where she found the amulet. But the area around it is different, it is no longer in a cave surrounded by a lake. What she sees instead is a grass meadow with a tiny stream of water only big enough for a tiny bird to bathe in.