Chapter 6 Uncle please listen to me (Part 1)

Zan Cui starts to cultivate diligently and she starts with what she is familiar with and that is absorbing qi. Then she slowly starts to follow the steps of the Moon essence technique. She tries to figure out how to gather the qi into a ball in front of her. In that way, she can practice the technique and at the same time, she can absorb the qi faster by absorbing the qi balls instead of absorbing them one on one. But her first attempt failed, as well as the second, third, and fourth attempts. But she did not give up, failure is normal especially when you try something new that deifies what you have previously learned. And since she gets a little better with each attempt she is not discouraged at all. Besides, if there is one thing that she has it is patience. So she continues practicing.  

While Zan Cui is cultivating inside her jade Fei Cui on the other hand has decided to find Uncle Eun Xi. While she knows that he is alive and confirms that when she sees her sister she still can't put her heart to rest until she sees him. Their uncle Eun Xi is from the Xi family and is in charge of defending the border between the Emblem Kingdom and the Central Wasteland. It is called a wasteland not because it lacks fauna and flora but because that land is covered with miasma and with it there is an increase of demonic beasts and demons. As such even though that place is abundant with resources no country has been able to claim it. Instead, the countries close to it have made a pact that they will share the land and each of them sends someone to claim and explore it. The countries don't care what happens over there as that land is governed by the city lords of each city in that place. The city lords get to rule and gain power while they give back a small percentage of their resources to their homeland. But the border of the central Wasteland needs to be guarded so that no demonic beasts or demons attack the peapole of their country so they station powerful peapole there. Peapole whom they want to keep in check but can't eliminate thoroughly. The Xi family is such a family, The previous emperor was afraid of their power as the Xi family has huge military might as Qin Xi is a powerful and well-beloved war hero and is now the Xi family's patriarch. The emperor at the time was worried that the Xi family would become too powerful for him to control so she sent them to protect the border. Disguising it as an honorable position, protecting the kingdom. But everyone knows that it is no better than banishment coated with goodwill. 

The Xi family once very loyal had no choice, but while they may have developed a grudge against the royal family they are still loyal to the country and protect it wholeheartedly. Though some of the family thought that it would be better to be sent to the Central wasteland directly as then they could still earn money, they did not disobey. Eun Xi is the third son of General Qin Xi but while he is well-loved he does not want to stay at the border. So when he fell in love with the third daughter of the Cui family Yu Cui he decided to marry into the Cui family much to the Xi family's dismay. Because is customary for women to marry into another family, not men. So not only does everyone look down upon him but they also gloat at the Xi family's misfortune. Because of this when his wife died, they did not produce any children the Cui family looks down upon him, thinking that he is a stain to their good name. But he is a powerful cultivator so instead of kicking him out they use him for their benefit. After all, be is useful when it comes to collecting treasures such as beast cores and rare herbs. If Zan Cui is the most despised person in the Cui family then Eun Xi is close second. The only difference is that he is too powerful of a cultivator for them to openly offend him.

Fei Cui looks around and asks the servants for his whereabouts but they all say that they don't know. Then after she had been looking around for about 15 min someone she recognized called her she turned around to face her with a fake smile that used to be genuine when it was directed towards this person. That woman is her mother An Lang.

An Lang: " There you are darling, have you forgotten what day it is today?"

Fei Cui: " It seems so, where is everyone?"

An Lang: " Your eldest cousin is back from his closed-off cultivation and as advanced to an Elemental elite. So everyone is celebrating this occasion with a banquet, The clan head has invited all the prominent families in the city to celebrate. You must get ready and go."

Fei Cui: 'So we returned during that day.'She thinks bitterly, but his it with a gentle smile.

Fei Cui: " What about sister?" She asks while knowing the answer. Hearing this her mother's eyebrows twitch in annoyance that is barely noticeable if you don't look closely. To others, she is just smiling brightly with kindness. 

An Lang: " She is not suitable to attend on this occasion, this is a very important advent and your sister is too uneducated to attend. It is for her own good to not go."

Fei Cui: 'Why did I not notice ditain for sister before? I knew that she did not love her but I never thought that she hated her. why was is so oblivious in the past?'She thinks gloomily, seeing this An Lang becomes a little worried and asks: "What's wrong?"

It is to be said that her mother really does care about Fei Cui, in fact, she is an excellent mother to her and her brother. She just doesn't like Zan Cui, since she believes she stole her son's destiny away from him. After all, what is the use of a girl with a dragon fate? Girls are meant to be married off to another family and can't take care of the family like boys do. Also, her having 6 fated partners with one being her sister it means that she will have a harem with 5 peapole. A woman who has multiple lovers is seen to be a loose woman without merit. How could she have such a shameful daughter? If it was not seen as bad luck to abandon a child and if her missing husband actually cared about that thing she would have thrown her into the forest to be fed to the wolves. But her daughter Fei Cui is a different story, she has a phoenix fate and those e can be married off to a powerful person and then the Cui family will reap the benefits. After all phoenix fated girls are known to bring good luck to their partners. If only she was not destined to support her sister it would be so much better. That is why she must keep her daughter away from her twin sister so that her phoenix fate doesn't support Fei Cui's dragon fate. If that happens then if she marries her husband can't get the benefits of her fate and that could break the marriage. The love she has for her daughter only has selfish motives but that doesn't change that she loves her enough to worry if she is sad or worried.

Fei Cui: " ... Nothing Mother I am just thinking about something."

An Lang: " Oh, what could that be?"

Fei Cui: " I was wondering if someone from the royal family would attend. I would be so embarrassed if that is the case. After all, I have not prepared a new dress." She lies.

An Lang smiles with delight: " Oh, don't worry who would destain my perfect daughter? Even kings from other nations would want to court you. Even if you were dressed in rags."

Fei Cui: " You are overreacting mother." 

An Lang: " Ah, you are too modest. Come let's go and get you dressed up. I hear that the second prince might attend today. You must leave a good impression."

Hearing this Fei Cui hides the anger in her eyes from her mother and says with a gentle smile: " Alrigt mother."