34 | I'll Show You

I only had to incline my head, and then his lips, so soft and warm, were just a hair's breadth away from my own

I only had to incline my head, and then his lips, so soft and warm, were just a hair's breadth away from my own. Carefully, wary of the power of the alchemy, I touched my lips to his.

While my whole body again overflowed with light and electricity, I waited for his reaction, ready to disengage if things got out of hand. He was more careful this time, holding himself nearly motionless. Even his trembling had stilled.

Moving with what caution I could muster in the face of what I was feeling, I pressed my lips more firmly against his, savoring their soft yield. I was not as much in control of myself as I should have been. I let my lips fall open, wanting to feel his breath in my mouth. Just at that moment, his legs seemed to give out, and he slid through my arms toward the floor.

I caught him at once, holding him upright. I held up his head with my left hand; it rocked, loose on his neck. His eyes were closed and his lips white.

"Jungkook?" I shouted, panicking.

He gasped in a loud breath and his eyelids fluttered

He gasped in a loud breath and his eyelids fluttered. I realized that I hadn't heard the sound of his breathing in a while-longer than what was right. Another ragged breath and his feet struggled to find the floor.

"You..," he sighed with his eyes still half-closed, "made... me... faint."

He had actually stopped breathing to kiss me. Probably in a misguided attempt to make things less difficult for me.

"What am I going to do with you?" I half growled. "Yesterday I kiss you, and you attack me! Today you pass out on me!"

He giggled, choking on his own laughter as his lungs tried to pull in the necessary oxygen. I was still supporting most of his weight.

"So much for being good at everything," I muttered.

"That's the problem. You're too good." He took a deep breath. "Far, far too good."

"Do you feel sick?" At least his lips had not gone green. A delicate shade of pink was creeping into them as I watched.

"No," he answered, his voice stronger. "That wasn't the same kind of fainting at all. I don't know what happened... I think I forgot to breathe."