I

DARE: Write a Claude x Cale fic, not father and son, not bff's. Romance—Evance... Romance, since you lost the bet. First person POV mate.

Well, it's the wager. I'll drop one chapter before leaving.

CHAPTER

He was bored as he watched all these people crowding into his Palace hall. For the past few years, the Garnet Palace has been silent and peaceful, but it is that time of year again. Delegates and diplomats arrive in Obelia for peaceful negotiations and economic cooperation.

Either he talks to people in an attempt to gain his favor, or he makes money by playing the victim.

He locked his gaze on them. His color-blind world was filled with the same darkness, day, and tedium. His world was only black and white—nothing more and nothing less. In this world, he had been living in complete silence. Without trying to find a reason to color it again. He suddenly remembered a time when his world was filled with gold glittering dust, bright pinkish amber eyes, and the bright night was filled with the soft serenity of a woodland sprite.

He greeted these delegates with the coldness and arrogance that an emperor is expected to have.

As he saw people coming in wearing gaudy dresses, the doors of his palace continued to squeak.

It is another encounter with foolish and idiotic people.

"I have some exciting news for you, Your Majesty," Felix said.

Nothing good can come from this man's news.

"What is it?" I asked quietly, dismissing the issue as if it did not exist.

"Delegates from the Rowoon Empire have come to Obelia in response to our invitation."

Rowoon Empire. The newly formed empire included both a monarchy and a republic. This Empire is said to have gone around establishing good relationships with other kingdoms. It maintained its friendly demeanor, but who knows—there could be snakes lurking around Obelia.

He hummed in response.

No one can easily infiltrate his Empire as long as he is Emperor of Obelia.

I am my own one-man army.

He stood up and decided to make it a day. It's late and it seems that Rowoon Empire will not be making any appearances by now. I looked at the delegates, partying as if there was no tomorrow.

He left the banquet hall and retired for the night.

Wearing normal clothes, he walks around and gazes at the Ruby Palace. His heart was filled with pain once more. His feet want to walk into that palace but his heart is telling him to turn away. His mind couldn't keep up with his body and heart. He wants to forget.

But is it the right thing to do?

Casting his worries aside, he walked away.

It was a good time to go exploring, so he left the palace and went for a walk in disguise.

Millions of people. A million smiles. Not once in his life had he ever thought of rising to the highest position of the kingdom. He used to fantasize about becoming someone who could support the real emperor and serve the empire with everything he had.

But instead, he was met with sadness, betrayal, and agony.

He looked down, unsure whether to continue or return.

His hard work has finally paid off, but people's prejudices will not let him go.

"Kyaah! He is so cool!"

He was unconcerned about it. It is not about him, and if they knew the emperor was nearby, they would be grooving in front of him.

He took a step back and decided to retire for the evening when—

*thud*

He turned around to see what they were looking at, but he came to a halt right there. He came to a halt, no, his entire world came to a halt.

The sensation of déjà vu caused his heart to beat wildly and painfully. It is causing him pain in his ears.

A young man in his early twenties, with long red hair, reddish-brown eyes, and a tall stature, stood half an arm's distance away, dressed in a black military uniform. He appeared to be a high-ranking nobleman, but no one in Obelia had the bright, fiery hair that put Robane Duchy's red hair to shame.

He could not take my gaze away from that individual. His skin was white and pale. Even though he had a small smile on his face, he had a blank expression. He was staring at him intently.

This was the first time he met a man who was more attractive than any other man he had ever met.

His reddish-brown eyes glowed like they were on fire.

Diana...

This man's gaze was identical to hers.

He was a beautiful, red-haired man.

TBC