𝖎𝖎.⠀Ride or Die.

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO.⠀✶⠀Ride or Die, the rest of my life.

⠀⠀⠀⠀No waves rock against the wooden docks, the waters rippling but otherwise calm. The planks of wood are linked together to form what serves as a shipyard for the town. A shipyard where many ships come and go, day in and day out. It's Shells Town, after all. A town with a Marine base standing tall and proud for everyone to see.

⠀⠀⠀⠀With a Marine base in the town, people are certain the Marines will keep the town and its people safe by bringing any criminals to justice. They are proud to call themselves Marines. But, since Asa's last visit, the people's trust in those who are supposed to protect them has dwindled. The town is filled with Marines, she doesn't want to stay in town any longer than necessary. All she wants is to go in and out, collect the bounty Zoro came here for, and then leave. In and out, as simple as that.

⠀⠀⠀⠀The faintest winds blow by with the scent of salt, and sand. Although the sand was only a few minutes away, Asa could faintly smell it in the salty sea air. She wouldn't say she particularly missed land, but a brief break from the sea couldn't hurt, she supposes. Just in and out, as simple as that.

⠀⠀⠀⠀Zoro wraps the rope tightly around the wooden bollard, securing the sailboat to the docks of the shipyard. Asa notices the sloop on the other side of the wooden planks, specifically the pattern of green and yellow triangles painted on the side. She doesn't know why but it feels as though the sloop belongs to a pirate, or someone along those lines. Asa steps off the sailboat, the wooden planks creak quietly. She looks around; the shipyard and the people are rather quiet in the midday sun. (There must be a vessel or two with a stash of plunder. Or simply anything worth taking. (Maybe.))