𝖎𝖛.⠀The Clown & His Freaks.

CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR.⠀✶⠀The Clown & His Freaks.
(Binky? Boogie? A Clown that isn't even funny.)

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Asa?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀The voice is faint. Muffled as if underwater.

⠀⠀⠀⠀Asa still feels faint. Her mind is torn between dreams and reality. The dream dances on the edge of vividly remembered and long forgotten. All of the lines are blurred beyond recognition. Is it just a dream? Or is it a memory? She can't figure out which one it is. Is it a hazy dream, or a hazy memory?

⠀⠀⠀⠀"Hey, Asa, wake up." The voice becomes clearer.

⠀⠀⠀⠀The voice calls out again. His voice pulls her out of the water.

⠀⠀⠀⠀Asa's eyes slowly flutter open, vision blurry until she blinks twice. The first thing she sees is his face. She blinks again, eyes adjusting to the light slipping in. Pushing herself up from the floor, she looks around the wooden box they're stuck inside. She doesn't feel her sword at her waist anymore. Asa meets Zoro's eyes. His eyes hold a worried glint in them.

⠀⠀⠀⠀"You okay, Asa?" He asks.

⠀⠀⠀⠀She nods. "Yeah, I'm okay." Her hand goes to where her sword would've been. "But, they took my sword."

⠀⠀⠀⠀Zoro extends a hand, helping Asa up onto her feet. "Mine too." He grumbles, his head touching the ceiling of the box as he leans forward slightly. Asa lowers her head and places a hand on the ceiling, trying to push it up but it won't budge.