𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹

© -𝑦𝑛𝑔𝑗𝑤𝑜𝑛 , 2024

CHAPTER FOUR:'The Two Boys In Class

CHAPTER FOUR:
'The Two Boys In Class...'

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━

"Everyone, please welcome our
new student who has transferred here all the way from Daegu.. Yang Nabi!" Her homeroom teacher, Mr.Kwan announced excitedly.

The classroom broke out in cheers of the girls name, making a light blush wash across her face.

"Please choose one of the empty desks." He kindly spoke and sent the teenage girl a warm smile.

There were only two empty desks available, the first one was at the back of the classroom beside the familiar platinum blonde boy from earlier, while the other was in the second row behind a girl with short black hair and a choppy fringe.

Normally, Nabi would race to sit at the back as she found it the most comforting. But between the two desk mate choices.. she changed her mind to sit in the second row.

She placed her bag behind her chair and took out one of her pens. The girl in front of her turned around and handed her a spare notebook with a wide grin, "I'm Choi Namra, I love your glasses." She introduced.

"Thank you." Nabi giggled and tried to hide her rosey cheeks - she wasn't use to people complimenting her glasses or anything about her in general. "I'm Yang Nabi."

Namra nodded and shared a smile, "let's be best friends." She bluntly said and turned back around to face the front.

-

The bell rang and immediately all of students launched out of their seats and stood around in groups, all chatting and enjoying their short break before the next lesson begins.

"What was your old school like?" Namra asked as she offered out a large bag of prawn cocktail flavoured crisps to Nabi - which she kindly declined.

The Yang girl shrugged, "It was just like an ordinary school,"

"Is there anyone I should know or be warned about in this school?" She questioned.

"Hmm." Namra hummed and looked around the classroom. "for starters, you see that boy over there." She started with a hushed tone and subtly pointed at a dark brown haired boy sat in the first row, no one around him, his head buried in a book.

"That's Jake Sim, he's the top student. All he does is study." She rolled her eyes, "Although he is popular and has a small circle of close friends, he doesn't speak to outsiders and if he does speak to you, it's probably because you're in his way."

Nabi creased her face together, "So he just ignores people? What makes him so special?." She asked and Namra couldn't help but laugh.

"Because of his looks, he is extremely handsome."

Nabi stared at him for a little longer, while chewing on her pen. Why does he look so familiar? She wondered to herself as she let her eyes linger a little longer - trying to think of where she recognised him from.

His head abruptly perked up from his desk, he must've felt her eyes on him as he slowly began to turn his head to face her.

Her eyes instantly widened and she immediately looked away. He was the boy from the beach club! the boy who completely ruined her day.

She bowed her head and picked up her book to block her face from him - desperately hoping he didn't recognise her.

Namra looked around and nudged the girl once more. "And the boy at the back of the classroom is called Park Sunghoon, he's in the schools band. Total jackass and very narcissistic, he is known for flirting with every girl in our school and having a 'no dating policy' at the same time. He shares friends with Jake but the two aren't close themselves. In fact, they despise each other." Namra informed Nabi, who scrunched her eyebrows together in confusion.

"Why?" She wondered. How could two people share the same friends and dislike one another at the same time?

Namra simply shrugged and leaned back in her seat. "I guess they just never got on.. no one really knows why. But they never hang out together and are constantly caught arguing."

Nabi pursed her lips and stared at the male, her eyes enlarging when his gaze met hers - his eyebrows creasing together.

Her eyes diverted to the girl only now walking into the classroom, bag swung over one shoulder while her dyed red hair rested on either shoulder. Her skin so fair it could blend in with snow, eyebrows softer than a cloud (from what Nabi could only imagine a cloud to feel like), her lips a strawberry pink colour, her eyes piercing and almost eagle like. She was undeniably stunning. Instead of the regular school uniform she wore her own black jumper which tucked into the school skirt. Her eyes darted around the classroom, confusion struck her features when her almost unfriendly gaze landed on Nabi - she obviously didn't recognise the girl as she was new.

"Who's that?" Nabi whispered and lent closer to Namra who only now looked up to see the girl who had just walked in.

"Oh, that's Ellie Park." She answered and wafted her hand. "She's the younger sister of Jay Park, who's also in the school band with Sunghoon. She's in a totally mind blowing scandal right now too!" Namra spoke with widened eyes.

"Turns out she's also dating the lead drummer of the band, Nishimura Ni-Ki." Namra revealed and wiggled her eyebrows.

"So?" Nabi shrugged, not understanding the drama.

"So?" Namra mimicked with a scoff. "Ni-Ki is one of Jays best friends and Jay is Ellie's brother. For some reason the girls in this school go crazy when another girl even breathes near one of the band members. It's a whole Wattpad story."

Nabi slowly nodded, finally understanding. She looked back over at the girl to see her standing beside Sunghoon with her hands folded over her chest. She looked annoyed and almost agitated, while he seemed completely fine, relaxed even.

"Should we go and get something to eat together at lunch?" Namra asked, casually moving on from their previous conversation.

"Sure." Nabi grinned and fixed the position of her glasses.

-yngjwon