15. Gauri-Shankar ✨

Nainital

Author's POV 

Singhania's and Kapoor's arrived at Nainital late at night. Due to exhaustion, they all retired to their rooms. They woke up early next morning to go to the temple. Aradhna wore a yellow suit with a white dupatta. Abhimaan wore a white kurta-pajama to match her outfit. 

Everyone had a light breakfast and made their way to the temple. 

________________________________________________________________________________

At Temple

Aradhna's POV

We all arrived at exact 8 at the temple. I and Abhimaan sat together for the puja. Our whole family was present. Right now, we are waiting for pandit ji to start the puja.

"Did I tell you that you look stunning?" Maan whispered in my ear.

"No, you did not." I said smiling at him.

"Let me make up for it." He said and kissed my cheek.

I looked around to see if anyone had seen us and thankfully no one did. I glared at him and he chuckled. 

"After the Roka, I can at least kiss you meri Jaan." He said 

"Maan, at least look at the place we are seated for a puja." I said

"Gauri-Shankar ke samne baithe hai hum meri Jaan. Unke mandir mai, jaha khud Shiv ji ne Maa Parvati ke liye apne pyaar ko dikhaya tha to mai apni Aradhna ke liye apna payaar kyu nahi dikha sakta?Just as Shiv ji embraced his Parvati with unspoken devotion, so do I embrace you. Ours is a story written in the stars, and I am proud to be seated here with my Parvati." He spoke and I had tears in my eyes.

"How do you always know what to say?" I asked him with a smile

He just shrugged his shoulders her held my hand. 

Soon Pandit ji came and started doing the Pooja. 

"Gauri-Shankar mujhe hamesha is rishte ko sambhalne ki himmat dena. Jitna vishvas mere Maan mujh par karte hai, humesha wo vishvas unka mujh par bnae rkhna." I prayed in my mind while keeping my eyes closed and folding my hands infant of the Gods. 

After the puja, everyone decided to roam around the streets of Nainital.We all were exploring Nainital. The elders had left for the hotel as they were tired. Everyone was busy buying new outfits and I was siting there bored because I am not much on shopping. 

Suddenly Maan took a hold of my hand and dragged me outside of the shop.  

"Where are we going?" I asked him

"You don't like shopping, and honestly, neither do I. But I know there's one thing you do enjoy shopping for," he replied.

I raised an eyebrow, wondering what he was talking about. "And what would that be?" I inquired.