⌊Chapter 11⌉

"I have a lead," Anthony said, standing tall in the dim lighting of Blake's office. Blake leaned back in his chair and looked at Anthony, raising an eyebrow.

"Then do tell," Blake answered. Ever since Blake became the sovereign, Anthony was looked down upon and compared to other sovereign aides. He never could understand what fueled Blake's hatred for Anthony. However, Anthony did everything that he could to please the man - even if he knew that there was no more he could do. He had spent years busying himself with things to make Blake happy, though, of course, it didn't work. To Blake, Anthony was a useless nobody. Why he hadn't fired him out of the Black Organisation, he knew that Blake also knew that Anthony was highly useful - even if he wouldn't admit it.

Besides, Anthony wouldn't have ever been promoted if Blake didn't think he deserved it. Whatever anger Blake had with Anthony was contradicting the truth: The Black Organisation wouldn't be so far ahead if it weren't for Anthony.

Though sometimes, Anthony denies to himself that he was any help at all.

"Mr. Andy Anderson," Anthony responded, folding his arms over his chest. "I can't know for certain if he's hiding something important, but don't you find it strange that he stopped being much of an active Adelmir seven years ago? Around the same time that Alann and Wannet killed your father. Not to even mention that he's the one responsible for the 48 XR. There's no doubt he can be a danger to us and our cause, whether or not he is hiding Alann somewhere. And by god, I'll find them both and gut them like the animals they are."

"You should do no less," Blake stood up from his chair, walking over to Anthony, who was taller than he. "It has been seven years. And you still haven't found them."

"No one has-"

"But you promised."

"If you're so displeased with my work, how about you go and try to catch them. It's not easy. Seven years has granted them a lot of time to know exactly what they're doing."

Blake glared at Anthony, but then turned away to look out the window of the towering building in the center of the city. Grey clouds now shrouded the sky and small drops of cool water began to fall, slowly becoming more intense until it turned into a regular rain storm with high winds.

"I'll give you 48 hours to find not just Alann, but Anderson as well. And bring them back here - preferably alive. If you fail, your reputation will have quite the dent," Blake said, looking back at Anthony. "And I mean quite the dent. You have yet to impress me. Makes me wonder how low the standards are at Harcasill."

Anthony raised an eyebrow. "Fine. But you know full well that Harcastill is one of the best sovereign aide academies. And I was top of my class. Above Kelley, even, but you don't want to believe that, do you?" he paused, trying to get back to his previous calm state of mind. "48 hours is plenty of time. And you won't be disappointed anymore."

"I'll believe it when I see it. You're on thin ice, Winters. I can kick you from this city if I want to. And I never want to hear that you think you are better than Kelley."

"Oh, I never said I was better. Or worse. We're on the same wavelength. Just in different ways. Not everyone fights the same fight."

Blake's expression fell into a passive aggressive smile. "Of course," he handed a watch to Anthony that would go off once the 48 hours were over. He took the watch, fastening it to his wrist.

"48 hours. No problem," Anthony said, pocketing his hands in his work jacket. "Hell, I'll get them in 24 hours, mark my words."

With that, Anthony left the office, closing the door behind him. He rolled his shoulders and cracked his knuckles, making his way down to the ground level where the front doors were. He knew what he was going to do. He was going to go to that market on the west side and ask people which way Andy went. At this point, he was 100% sure that Andy was a part of Rich's hiding. However, before he could leave the building, another idea popped into his head. He turned to go into the employees only area - using his all-access keycard - , which was also where Black Tower connected to Black Prison. He made his way down the corridor, the motion lights illuminating as he walked by.