6. Grandma

Braydons parents>>
She is 40 and he is 45 in this book!
She might look young but remember Braydon had Delaney at 16
~
I woke up at 7:30 like usual because I had to call off work.

"Hey this is Braydon I have to call of work today because Delaney had an emergency"

I spoke to one of the hostesses on the other line.

"Okay but you know Antonio won't be happy" she said referring to our boss.

"He will get over" I told her before hanging up.

"Daddy"

I turned around to see Delaney with her blanket hung over her cast and her binkie hanging out of her mouth.

"Hey baby" I said while going over to pick her up.

I pulled her binkie out of her mouth and set it on the counter.

"No daddy no" She cried while trying to grab it.

"It's right there baby" I said.

I decided after all my moms nagging I would try and stop Delaney from sucking on her binkie.

"Does your arm hurt dill?" I asked her trying to get her mind off the binkie.

"No" She said while pressing her face into my chest.

I rubbed her back soothingly because she was still tired.

The moment was disturbed by loud knocking at the front door.

I slowly walked to the front door and opened it.

My parents were both standing there holding breakfast food in their hands.

"Oh my baby" My mom cried when she saw Delaneys arm.

I opened the door a little more so my parents could come in and my mom immediately walked in.

My dad slowly made his way in clearly not wanting to be here.

My dad followed my mom into the kitchen and I followed my dad.

"We brought breakfast" My mom said while holding up plates of food.

"Thanks mom" I said as Delaney started to whine in my arms.

I set her down so she could go play but when I put her down she clung to my leg.

I just put my hand on her head.

"So how'd she break her arm?" My dad asked curiously as he sat on one of the stools at the island.

"We had just left dance and she was really hyper and jumping all around and she fell down three stairs outside" I explained.

He nodded before getting up and grabbing Delaney off of my leg.

"No" She cried while reaching out to me.

"You're fine baby" I said softly.

She cried and screamed in my dads arms before my dad grabbed her binkie off the counter and popped it in her mouth.

She almost immediately calmed down and laid her head on my dads shoulder but she could still see me.

"You need to take her to the doctor Braydon" My mom spoke up and I nodded.

"I know but I just don't want them giving her a bunch of medicine. She's too young for that" I said with a sigh.

My mom had been trying to get me to take Delaney to the doctor for almost a year now due to the fact that Delaney showed signs of major separation anxiety.