15. Darkness

Previously

"I don't want to go too far" I told her truthfully and she nodded in agreement.

"Braydon, I like you, like a lot and I hope you feel the same way..." She took a breath before continuing.

"Will you go out with me?" She asked bravely.

I looked at her and was about to reply when I was interrupted.

"Of course he will!"

I looked over to see my mom with a huge smile on her face and her hands clasped together in excitement.
~
Claire's eyes snapped towards my moms too and she immediately blushed since my parents most likely saw us make out.

"Mom get out" I said.

She smiled before pushing my dad back outside.

"I'm sorry about them" I told Claire.

She shrugged before looking at me.

I knew what she was waiting for.

She was waiting for an answer.

"And to answer you previous question, yes I would love to go out with you"

She lit up light Christmas morning before pulling me into a hug.

"I've never been asked out, I've always been the one to ask a girl out"

She laughed against my chest before sitting back up.

"I'll go get your parents" She said jumping up from the couch.

I watched her walk toward the door and smiled.

She's going to fit right in.

Just as my parents walked into the room I heard little feet running down the stairs.

"Daddy!" I heard Delaney whimper while running straight to me.

I leaned down and picked her up, cuddling her to my bare chest.

"What's the matter baby?" I whispered so she would become calmer.

"Something wrong with Binkie" She whimpered.

I instantly picked her up and walked past my parents and Claire and up to Delaney's room.

I walked in and saw Binkie twitching and yelping in her sleep while her legs were moving.

I smiled at little and Delaney looked at me.

"Daddy, what are you smiling?" She asked and tears started falling down her cheeks.

"Baby, Binkie is just having a bad dream" I said while setting her back down on her bed.

"Like me?" She asked and I nodded.

Dill looked at Binkie and I knew she still wasn't sure.

So I reached over and gently shook Binkie and her eyes snapped open before she lifted her head slowly and looked around before laying her head back down and falling asleep.