Chapter Nine

Song 2: Wildest Dreams- T.S. 

Charlie wakes up to the sun streaming into his eyes and Nick rolled onto his side next to him.

"Nick" Charlie prods him, "Niiiiiiick."

"Nooo, m'sleep." He grumps.

"We gotta go to work."

Nick rolls over and pulls Charlie into his chest, "No we don't, I got us the day off."

"You what?"

"I have a surprise for you later."

"What is it?"

"Nope!" 

Charlie snuggles back into Nick's chest. 

Later that day Nick and Charlie hit the road. Charlie still has no idea where they're going.

"Can you PLEEEEASEEE tell me now?" Charlie begs.

"Nope." Nick grins. 

An hour and a half later they pull into a parking lot. 

"Uh." Charlie looks around.

"Alright for the next 10 minutes you have to wear a blindfold." Nick smiles.

"Kinky."

"Not like that, dork." Nick ties the makeshift blindfold that he fashioned out of a tie around Charlie's eyes. Charlie feels the car start to move. 

10 minutes later the car turns off.

"Alright we are here but you have to keep the blindfold on for one more minute."

"Okay."

Nick opens Charlie's door and leads him to an unknown spot. 

"Alright, ready?"

"As I'll ever be."

Nick pulls the blindfold off and standing in front of Charlie is...

Tori and Oliver. 

Charlie is silent, mouth hanging open. 

"Oh... my god."

Tori isn't smiling but she looks happy, and Oliver is giddy with joy.

"CHARLIE!" Oliver jumps into Charlie's arms. 

Charlie breaks into tears. "Olly, oh my god." He holds his little brother's head to his shoulder and hugs him tight. 

After a moment he lets Olly down and goes to Tori.

"I missed you so much, Tori." Charlie cries. 

"I missed you too." She hugs him. "Come on let's go inside." She takes Charlie and Olly by their hands and leads them inside.

The 4 walk into the house and into the kitchen. 

"Do you two want to go unpack while I make some tea and food?"

"Sure." 

"Hey, Nick? Can I talk to you for a second?" Tori asks.

"Sure." He turns to Charlie. "I'll be up in a minute." Charlie kisses his cheek and goes upstairs.

"What's up?"

"Thank you for bringing him home. I mean it. He's wanted to be an actor for a long time but when he left to work this movie he swore up and down he'd be fine. I saw the bandages. He isn't fine and I just need him to be okay." Tori says. 

Nick sighs. "Yeah, um, he implied that he used to, ya know, but I didn't realize how bad it could get." 

Tori nods.