CHAPTER 1: DEATH

Kritika age -18

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Ring Ring

"Ma whose call is it?" asked Kritika worriedly as it was almost midnight

"Hospital " her mother whispered with dread filled in her eyes

"Kritika you answer it , I am scared that they might say something which I never want to hear" said her mother.

Kritika understood her mother's situation and answered the call

" Am I speaking to Mr Ghoshal's family " said the person from the other side of the call

"Yes" said Kritika timidly while her heart was beating rapidly out of fear

"Ma'am Mr Ghoshal just now had an heart attack, we were somehow able to stablize him but if it happens again we might loose him " said the doctor leaving Kritika numb. It was too much for an 18 year old to hear this about her father.

Kritika let out a scream and ran to her mother.

"Ma they.... they are saying that Baba just had an heart attack but they were somehow able to stabilize him but if it happens again we... we might loose him" her last words came out wobly as she was sobbing .

Her mother on hearing this just ran infront of the temple present in her house.

"God please save my husband " she pleaded.

Kritika was sobbing badly when she saw her non- identical twin sister Shanaya crying in a corner. She hurriedly went towards her and embraced her in a tight hug.

"We have to stay strong Shanaya,  if we break down then how will Baba fight for his life" she tried to act brave, but we can't forget that she is just an eighteen year old girl who loved her father to the moon and back.

"He will be fine right" asked Shanaya

"Yes yes of course,  we have prayed to God he won't let our prayers go in vain , he will protect our Baba" said Kritika, but somewhere in heart she was scared for her father's life.

Her father was the most loving parent anyone could ever get. He loved both his daughters equally but somewhere Kritika knew that her father loved her a bit more. They just had to ask for a thing and within a blink of an eye their father would bring it in front of them. Their father had big plans for their future, he wanted to see his daughters successful in there life for which he had put a huge effort in their upbringing and education. He was just an ideal father everyone would wish for.

Almost an hour later her mother, Akshita's phone again rang and it was from the hospital. When Akshita saw it she knew that her husband was no more but still she answered it after going a lot of courage

"I am sorry to say but Mr Ghoshal is no more " said the doctor

That was it her mother slid down on the floor and let out an heart wrenching cry hearing which Kritika and Shanaya ran towards her.

"What happened Ma?" asked Shanya worriedly

"Beta your Baba..... he is no more, we lost him forever " she cried.

Just after hearing this Kritika let out an ear piercing scream and thrashed herself on the floor.

Seeing her in this condition her mother and sister took her into a tight hug. The three women were sobbing in eachother's arms

"Why God , why did you take my father away from me, didn't I pray to you day and night then why did you kill him" screamed Kritika.

"How will I live without him" she cried.

Nothing could be done. Her father was suffering from covid , the last time she saw him was when he was taken to the ambulance.

She never got to say goodbye to her father. He was admitted in the hospital for 15 days ,those 15 days were hell for her but she survived those day just with the hope that her father would come back home fit and fine but at the end no one can defeat destiny.

NEXT MORNING

The entire house was filled with relatives all crying for the huge loss.

Kritika hadn't stopped crying for even once ,people were getting worried that she might fall sick.

"Akshita you need to go to the hospital,  they will take the body to cremation ground right from there as he was covid patient so they won't give the body to us" said her father's younger brother.

Akshita nodded her head in agreement and called out Shanaya and Kritika

"Beta we need to go to the hospital " whispered her mother

"No I won't go I can't see him in that condition " said Kritika

"But.." her mother was about to object when one of her aunt told her mother to not force her.

Shanaya and Akshita left for the hospital while Kritika stayed back.

AFTER A WEEK

Kritika was somehow a bit stable after that dreadful day but still whenever her father's face flashed in her mind tears would stream automatically from her eyes.

"Kritika, Shanaya please come to the living room , I have something important to discuss with you" said her mother and soon they gathered in the living room.

"You both know right your father's company provides job to the family of the decreased employ." Her mother said and they both nodded their head in agreement

" It's not possible for me to do the job as I have zero work experience and I do not want to make myself a laughing stock in the office so now the option left is you both" said her mother

"And between you two I would like Kritika to do the job" she declared

"Why Ma ? Why me?" asked Kritika with wide eyes as she was shocked

"See kriti, Shanaya is a bright student so I have full faith in her that she will be able to find a nice job in future but you know right you are not that bright in studies so it will be better that you do this job just for future security " said her mother

To say that it didn't hurt Kritika would be a lie but she decided to ignore it.

"But what about my studies Ma?"asked Kritika

"You can join a morning college and after completing that you can go to the office " suggested her mother which sounded convincing

Kritika knew that her life was going to get tough but she was ready to take up this job as there was atleast one earning member needed in the family.

This led to journey of a childish and carefree Kritika to a bold and strong Kritika.

END OF THIRD PERSON'S POV
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Guys I hope you liked this chapter,  please do give your votes and comments