A new agreement

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO my dear readers how have you all been

Do you all like the plot of the story? I hope you all do now let's start

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After my encounter with Dad, I have been thinking about how poorly I spoke to him. Why am I feeling remorseful? The opposite should be true - he should be apologizing to me.

As the head girl, I had to attend a council meeting at school, despite my reluctance to go. When I arrived, I saw my friends Carrol, Levon, and Kris together. I went over to them to see what was happening. Carrol noticed me and waved, and then she and Kris came over to talk to me with Levon following behind.

I rushed over to my friend and gave her a big, warm hug. "Hey there, my favourite person in the world! How's your morning going, Carrie?" I knew it was early, but I was excited to hear from her. "It's going alright," she said with a smile. "Guess what? I met this awesome new girl named Lia. I think you'll love her."

Suddenly Levon bursts into the room and says, "Wait, you're talking about Anna?" Carrol gives him a weird look and asks, "Who's Anna?" Kris backs Levon up and says, "Levon's sister Lianna." Kris steps forward, and I can smell the smoke. "Did you smoke a cig?" I ask. He just shrugs and says, "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. None of your business."

I glared at him with intense fury in my eyes. "Listen up, Mr. Perfect. Just because you're popular in this school and people look up to you, doesn't give you the right to talk down to me like that. Your behaviour towards me is completely unacceptable. So, I suggest you start showing me the respect I deserve. My family is quite influential in this school and they also make significant donations to it. You better keep that in mind." Without another word, I stormed off with Carol right by my side.

Carrol looked at me with a shocked face, and we shared a mutual feeling. I was surprised by my action, but it felt so right.

"Oh my God, Esmi, that was amazing," she said, I bit my lower lip. "You think so?" She replied, "There's nothing to think about. You were amazing back there."

While we were chatting, a girl suddenly exclaimed, "You were Ellis!" Startled, I turned to look at her and asked, "Who are you, may I ask?" trying to sound nonchalant. She looked taken aback as if I should have recognized her, and then Carol shouted in the background, "Oh my god, it's Scarlett Droy!"

I was kinda of confused at first, but then I got it, her surname, it was - DROY she must be Kris's sister. I knew Kris had a sis, but it didn't cross my mind until now 'coz I never expected to bump into her.

"I have to say, no one has ever talked to my brother like that," she continued. I swear, if I wasn't straight, I would have fallen for the deep blue eyes she had. "He's my father's star boy, you know. He's smart, good-looking, and all that. He never leaves a chance to put me down so it felt quite good to know there are people with brains in this world"

I'm surprised that I understood her, although I'm not sure how. For years, I've lived in Carrie's shadow, and until now, I didn't mind. In retrospect, it's sad that I didn't stand up for myself and socialize when I had the chance. Many people reached out to me and tried their best to help me open up, but I never did, so I suppose they gave up on me.

The rest of the day was mostly the same. Levon and I had a great time, even though Mr. Brett kept saying that I needed to pay attention to the lecture, even though I had the highest grade after Levon.

When I got back home, I found a little note lying on my table. I picked it up and read it. The note said:

"Hey Love,

I'll be waiting for you at 7 PM near the park behind your dorm room. Please bring your answer with you.

I love you."

I immediately recognized the handwriting as my father's. The beautiful cursive was too familiar for me to forget.

I spent the whole afternoon thinking about the note and eventually made a decision that I never thought I would.

At 7 pm,

I met him in the park. Instead of greeting me warmly or asking how I was doing, he bluntly asked,

"So, have you made your decision? Yes or no?" I didn't appreciate his approach, but I remained with a straight face,

"Yes."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone!

I'm super excited to share that I changed my name recently. I wanted to give you all a heads-up that I have a surprise in store for you by New Year's!

I'd really appreciate it if you could vote for my stories and share your thoughts by leaving comments. I would love to hear from you all.

Thanks so much!