5- Pregnant?!?

Sitting in front of a gynaecologist, that too at the age of 22 when you are still completing your college was not normal for the couple sitting over there. Getting pregnant before marriage was a 𝙿𝙰𝙰𝙿 in this country and if anyone got to know about it then they were done, all the family's reputation and trust they earned from the past decades will all go in vain.

Kabir came out of the trauma first and asked the Doctor,
"Do...doctor she took the contraceptive pill within 24 hours of coitus"

"Even though these pills are not 100% sure but do you have the tablet, let me check"

"Ye..yes we have it, Ak..Akansha"
he called her taping her shoulders many times, but nothing worked so he just pulled her into his embrace as she hid her face in his chest and that's when they heard soft sobbing.

"I'll give you both privacy for sometime but please make sure she doesn't cry or stresses much, it's not good for the baby and also show me the pill later"
the Dr said moving out of her cabin to give the couple some privacy as Kabir thanked the Dr.

Kabir looked at the love of his life crying heavily like a child in his embrace, his heart ached seeing her cry like that.

"Ba..baby listen to me, don't worry. We'll do something about it, there must be some solution just trust me and don't cry. If you cry like this then who will give me energy to think, hmm?" Kabir tried consoling her while repeatedly wipping her tears which were flowing non stop.

"K..kabir wh..what w..ill we d...do? W..we a..re n..not e..ven ma...married"
she tried speaking in between her sobs.

"Meri Jaan pehele tum rona band karo, tumhe ese dekhke mein andar hi andar toota ja rha hu, please don't cry."
He said in a heavy hoarse voice, on the verge of crying and finally her sobs died and they both pulled out of the embrace, he pecked her forehead while wipping the tears off her face. And that's when the Dr entered and sat on her chair. She gave Akansha glass of water and started speaking.

"Seeing both of your reactions I assume this wasn't a planned one"
both nodded their head

"Is this your first pregnancy Mrs. Malhotra?"

Akansha nodded wanting to speak more but couldn't form words. So Kabir said

"Dr act...actually we are not married. Yes we di...did co...consummate but she took the pills" hearing this the Dr was beyond shocked as Akansha took out the tablet out of her purse passing it to the doctor.

The Dr started examining the medicine infront of her and asked making Kabir answer instantly

"From where did you buy this?"

"We went to Kasauli for vacation and there was only one medical shop near the farmhouse, I bought it from there. What happened? Are the pills wrong?"

"No the pills are absolutely fine it's just that it's from a very old brand which is very rare to find, it only gives 50% protection nowadays there are new brands in the market which give up to 98% confirmation."

"Oh..ohkay"

"No...now doctor, now what to do"
Akansha asked hesitated

"Listen children I'm going to be very honest right now, this is not your age for all this. You should focus on your career. So I will suggest both of you to go for an abortion, Akansha you are around four weeks pregnant and abortion is very safe at this time. I can give you both two days to think and then you can tell me your decision, any doubts?"
Both shook their heads as they weren't in a state to speak anything.

Coming out of the cabin they saw Armaan and Karishma still waiting outside, without speaking anything Kabir held onto Akansha's hand as they went towards the car, as per Kabir's orders they went to Armaan's apartment as his parents were out for a buisness trip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reaching the apartment they just sat on the sofa as Armaan bought water for every one.

"Guys what happened? Is everything alright? You took an hour, is there any thing serious" Armaan and Karishma bombarded the couple with questions as they were just too scared seeing the couple's state to which Akansha replied

"I'm pregnant"

"H..huh? W...what? Pardon?"

"I AM PREGNANT"
Akansha said finally breaking into large sobs, as Karishma came forward to hug her tightly. Every one was confronting each other when Kabir said

"Dr advised that we should go for an abortion"

"Are you out of your mind Kabir? Are you saying to kill an unborn soul? That's a complete murder"

"Then Akansha what should we do? We live in a very narrow minded society, we have to see every perspective. You know I'll somehow convince my family but what about yours, they would never agree. Baby I'm always there with you in each and every decision of yours. But think about it, we have our whole lives ahead. How will we manage?" He said trying to keep his point in front of her.

"Kabir I agree, I absolutely agree whatever you are saying bu..but I'm sorry I won't be able to go for abortion, I'm sorry I just can't. I just can't kill an innocent soul for my own selfish reasons"
she said trying to control her sobs while hugging Kabir

"I've an idea"
couple looked at Armaan with hope as he continues

"Why don't you both get married? She's just a month pregnant so no one would notice"

"My family won't agree"

" Arre listen to me first, Kabir will your family agree if you tell them about her and that you want to marry her"

"Most probably"

"But Akansha yours won't agree right?"

"Never"

"But they would definitely agree for an arranged marriage. Right Akansha?"
Kabir pointed and every one understood what he was trying to say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WORD COUNT: 1008 words
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~