More Revelations

A/N: This is an entirely new chapter, I've edited everything that was previously published so everything that happens from this chapter onwards is completely new! I hope you enjoy it <3

Lady Whistledown's

Society Papers

Dearest Readers,

It has come to this author's attention that His Majesty King George and Her Majesty Queen Charlotte have at last managed to convince one of their beloved children to take part in the season's activities. Prince Alfred, the youngest of the princes, made an appearance at a recent festivity. It came as no surprise that he was intrigued by the beguiling Blackthorne sisters. While he took his time to dance with both Lady Lucy and Lady Eleanor, it was the younger sister whom he opted to dance with once more before the night ended. The two appeared infatuated with each other, and this author anticipates the prospect of another royal wedding in the near future. A royal wedding will bring about celebration not only for the union but for the possibility of the crown finally having an Heir after a years-long wait.

Yours truly,

Lady Whistledown

Quite a few days had passed since Benedict had made his proposal to Lucy, and the three Blackthorne siblings were invited to Clyvedon Castle, the residence belonging to the Duke and Duchess of Hastings. Daphne had extended the invitation because they hadn't been to see the place since she had done some remodeling. The Duke and Duchess of Suffolk, on the other hand, opted to stay in the city since it was a bit too far for the Duchess to travel and she was feeling particularly weak in recent days. The castle was indeed grander than Lucy remembered it, only visiting this time around was different- the laughter and pitter patter of tiny humans filled the halls instead of an empty silence. Simon and Henry were off hunting, while Eleanor was playing with the children in the garden. Lucy and Daphne elected to spend their third and final morning together having breakfast on the second-floor balcony, which overlooked the gardens, meaning they had the perfect view of the children and Eleanor joyfully playing in a nearby lake.

"Have you seen Lady Whistledown's latest?" Daphne asked.

"Oh yes, I have. Eleanor is pleased, I believe" Lucy replied, chuckling.

"I'm sure she is. I imagine she cannot wait to get back to the ton, to see her prince once again," Daphne responded.

"She's been talking about it nonstop. That's it, she's set her sights on him- and we both know she always gets what she wants, being the youngest child and daughter," Lucy replied and both of the girls laughed in unison. Lucy wouldn't be surprised if the two were married by next month, with a baby on the way by the end of the year.

"What about you, Lucy? You haven't talked about any of your prospects the whole weekend," Daphne asked. Lucy felt her cheeks heat up, and she debated whether or not she should tell Daphne the truth about everything. It would help, after all, to hear another woman's opinion. So far, the only people who knew everything were Henry, their father, and Benedict. The past few days away from the ton afforded her the privacy and peace to think about the next way forward, and to her surprise, the more she thought about marrying Benedict the more she found herself wanting to. Still, though, she did not want to act on impulse, and another point of view was necessary in this situation. Specifically, a female one- her sister wouldn't do, because she was overcome with sunshine and flowers and giddiness at the very mention of love so she wouldn't be an unbiased source of advice. Her mother was out of the question as well, since Lucy did not want to burden her with her issues. She didn't even know about what was happening with James Bancroft. Daphne was therefore the perfect choice. She was Lucy's friend and in addition to that was mature enough to be sensible about things and give proper advice.