7.The calm before the storm

From the ME Agency headquarters in Nagazora City, specifically inside the weapons research room, is Bronya, who communicates with Cocolia through a virtual holographic screen.

With an unfazed expression, Bronya reports, "The scan data suggests that this location was not previously dormant, and the Honkai weapons should have been stored here."

Cocolia, the current president of ME, dismisses the company under her command with disdain, stating, "It's irrelevant, the weapons produced by the ME company are simply conventional Honkai weapons. Furthermore, the stolen weapons are mere defective products, so no There is no need to worry."

Cocolia changes the subject and becomes interested in a specific topic. "I heard that last night the infamous Jack the Ripper attacked again and murdered a group of people."

"Yes I know."

"Very well, during your mission, make sure not to raise suspicions that could alert Jack the Ripper to our objective."

Bronya maintains a silence that Cocolia notices. "What's going on?"

"anything."

"Anyway, you must remain on alert. I have a feeling that Jack the Ripper will continue his presence in Nagazora City until the real Third Eruption breaks out."

Bronya makes a promise, stating, "Bronya will protect the people of Nagazora City."

Cocolia sighs coldly, noticing the change in Bronya's personality. Before, Bronya was a ruthless killer, but something has transformed her. Was it the warm life at the orphanage or the disappearance of "that" girl in the Quanta Sea due to a failed experiment that changed her?

"Okay, Bronya, I allow you. But remember carefully, if the Houkai energy concentration is below one hundred HW, you can absorb it with the Bunny Project 19C and slowly reduce the energy concentration. If it exceeds one hundred HW, don't try "Reduce the energy concentration of this Houkai. Even if Raiden Mei becomes Herrscher, if we can recycle her, we will be one step closer to eliminating Honkai."

Bronya remains silent, nodding to show that she is listening.

Bronya has a vague idea of ​​what Cocolia plans to do. The word "recycle" seems to imply capturing Mei-neesama as an artificial Herrscher to recover her Gem of Conquest, filled with Honkai energy. Bronya internally opposes this plan, questioning whether sacrificing some people to save others is the right thing to do.

Despite having lost his emotions in an accident, the thought of "that girl" still causes pain in his chest. "Why does it hurt so much?" she asks herself.

Faced with Bronya's long silence on the virtual communication screen, Cocolia becomes worried and asks, "Bronya? Can you hear me?"

Bronya recovers and responds, "If the city of Nagazora is in danger, Bronya will do everything she can to protect the people, so that Cocolia Matushka can rest easy."

Immediately afterwards, Bronya closes communication with Cocolia.

Cocolia looks at the closed virtual screen and sighs helplessly. "I'm not asking you to do your best, Bronya. What I want is for you to focus on protecting yourself and leave the rest in my hands."

Originally, Cocolia intended to use the biochip implanted in Bronya's brain to control her and bring back Raiden Mei when necessary. However, Bronya's expression makes her reconsider her plans. It seems like she needs to adjust her strategies.

XxX

After a long wait, Bronya was in front of the door of the apartment that Jaune and Kiana share. After ringing the doorbell, she waited patiently, although the person who opened the door was not Jaune, but Mei. This puzzled her, as she was expecting to see Jaune.