Apricity

It was one of the rare days where Sunny procrastinated. Although she didn't like to procastinate there were just some times where she wanted to just sit on the couch all day and do nothing. Due to that, here she was huffing as she did her work late at night.

She was in the living room as the moonlight seeped through the curtains, lightly illuminating the floor beneath you. You squeezed your eyes from the harsh light coming from your laptop. The words blurred as you rubbed your eyes aggressively but stopped when the video about "what happens to your eyes when you rub it" came to your mind. "I won't torture my eyes like that. They seem scary" you cringed as the thought went into your head. "You can do this sunny. Just one more file and you're ready to go!" 

You took your phone from the mini table and sighed once you saw the time. 3 AM. "Great. This is entirely my fault for procastinating."

You rearranged your legs into a more comfortable position and looked at the front door. "I wonder when he's coming home." You spoke as you thought of your lover, Ivan.

The thought of him just made you feel warm and loved. Maybe in the morning you would feel his strong and muscular arms around you and the presence of the man who made you feel at home. "I'm not letting him work tomorrow. Maybe we'll go on a picnic" Satisfied with your idea, you hummed and decided to finish your work. 

---------

Ivan quietly opened the door and slipped off his shoes. Gosh, he was very tired today. Dozens of papers needed to be signed and many meetings were literally scheduled for him as if he was a robot. He just wanted to take a short shower and be in bed with you after a long tiring day. He wanted to be with you preferably, in your arms, looking at him with so much love and adoration as you play with his hair and speak with your oh so sweet voice. "I miss her so much"

Ivan walked to the living room feeling his legs and muscles ache from fatigue and all he could think about was to finally be with your presence.  He looked around as he saw the clock and read the time 4:38 AM. "Great, it's almost morning" He walked further and there his eyes softened as he saw you cutely sitting down the couch with your laptop opened.

------

You groaned from the annoying beeping sound. With one eye open, you turned the alarm off. You slowly sat up and yawned as you tried to wake yourself up .

You stretch your arms above your head, immediately regretting falling asleep at the table with your laptop still open and you turn backwards to stretch even more and gasp a little at the sight.

Ivan, sleeping next to you. You turned around and saw that you were in your bed. Did he carry me? Gosh why didn't I notice that I was in bed. I must have fallen asleep while doing my work.

You sat there for a few seconds, looking at him intently-like a deer caught in headlights-both in admiration and as if you were scared to wake him but you knew he wouldn't be waking up anytime soon. You knew he was tired from his job. Handling a company isn't that easy after all. Smiling, you softly kissed his cheek as you decided to get ready and make him breakfast. "Maybe something simple so I wouldn't burn the whole house down". With that, you left the bedroom and left Ivan so that he could rest and so that you could take care of your man.