{Part 30}

~Zaire~

A chase had never felt so satisfying. She ran much faster than Zaire had expected her to, and he was actually impressed. As he took to the air, the excitement that he felt was electrifying. He was finally  getting to have some fun, and it was long overdue. He enjoyed every second of the chase. When she fell, he almost cursed, thinking that she was about to stop, but as he swooped low to the ground, she got back up immediately and tried to run again. He told her that he wouldn't catch her if she stopped. It would ruin the fun if she surrendered. He was overjoyed that she kept going, and as pleased as he was to chase her - feeling like he could do it all night - he couldn't wait to catch her. He dropped down in front of her, and the gust of wind that propelled from his wings to soften his landing blew her tangled hair back from her delicate face. She had scrapes all over her, and her dress had been torn and smudged with dirt, but she never looked more beautiful to him as she did in that moment. Once again, his shadows instantly tried to stab toward her, desperate to have their own fun, but he wrestled them back. She's mine!

He wasted no time, clasping his lips over hers to hush her scream of terror, and his claws made quick work of shredding what was left of her clothing, baring her to him. Fuck. She tasted like cherries, and when his hands slid over her skin, he suddenly understood why some Dark Fae craved the taste of flesh. Touching her almost wasn't enough, he wanted to consume her.

It felt so fucking good to touch her like this, to feel her body responding to him, to taste her emotions directly from her own tongue as it tangled with his. He growled against her mouth, and she swallowed the sound of it. Her desire was rich now, and tastier than he could have imagined it would be at its full strength. God, she wanted him. She wanted him as much as he wanted her. He shuddered as her hands explored his body, and it had been so long since he had felt someone touch him like that, and even then, none of those trysts held a candle to what this felt like. His wings responded to his unbridled bliss with wicked, erratic movements, his shadows unsure if they should coil or stretch - they didn't know what to do with themselves. He silently commanded them to shroud them like a cocoon, as he tore his clothes off, eager to remove the last barrier between their skin. Seeing him as exposed as she was, she burst into tears, and her reverence for the shape of his form flooded his senses.

He was such a fool for avoiding this like his existence had depended on it. He had wasted too many of her lifetimes, and his heart ached for those lost years. How could he have ever denied the other half of his soul? He molded his body against hers, and the feeling of it was indescribable. She fit him so perfectly that he could have wept himself, like a blubbering child. Her keening moan was a siren's song, as every inch of her softened against him, becoming so pliant, so needy for him to take what was his. He answered her need by driving into her all the way to the hilt, evoking a resounding roar of pleasure from deep inside of him. Nothing felt more right, more gratifying than the breaking of her inner sanctum. He had never experienced anything like it. He took her innocence in one fell swoop, slamming her back against a tree, and the scent of her arousal combined with that of her virgin blood dazed him as he stroked in and out of her. Her pain was delicious, but her pleasure threatened to melt him. He couldn't even be shocked by it, he knew now that all of her emotions belonged to him, and even the ones that he used to find distasteful were euphoric coming from her, because they were bound. They were finally one, finally completing each other as they should have centuries ago. His lips found hers again and again, and his hands couldn't stop roving over her skin, delighting him with the softness of it, and every whimper, moan, and shiver he coaxed out of her was met with his own yearning groans. This  was everything that he had selfishly shoved away? This  was what he was missing out on? Goddamn him! This was everything that he needed!