Authors Note

Well there you have it, the first tale of Fora.

If you're mad about that ending then I apologize, my sister was one of my beta readers and she ranted at me for twenty minutes after she finished reading it. Back then, despite planning this from the beginning I hadn't managed to properly foreshadow how things ended, so I expect you guys had an easier time of it than her now that that part is fixed.

Book 2 is being posted currently (it's unedited as of now, but completed), with book 3 being written at the moment and book 3.5 being edited (yes I wrote 3.5 before 3, yes that was a mistake).

Fora is an interesting character because she appeared in the first story I ever finished. Her name was Runesight back then (everyone had weird cringe names in that version) she was ten years old and she was the most annoying little butt I'd ever written, but she also had a strange charm to her despite only existing for two scenes. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get away from this character.

I devised at least a million possible backstories for her, I tried making her the reason that mortals have magic, I tried making her a dragon who was cursed to become human, I tried so many things and nothing felt right until I was messing with the magic system a bit and decided to give her rebirth. After that, it eventually fell into place and here we have my first story that takes place entirely in the 'Realm of Order,' AKA Virna.

Statistics:
- Writing time, August 23, 2023-November 4, 2023
- Words, 53,352 (182 pages on a google document, 1.5 spacing)
- Major edit completed January 18th, 2024 (revised wordcount 70,304, (235 pages))
- This is my fourth completed story (2nd if you don't count fanfiction)
- Posting time, September 9, 2023-March 9, 2024 (at one chapter a week)
- bonus chapters posting time, March 16, 2024-May 4, 2024 (same pace)