Twenty One

The rest of the weekend went past in a blur. Tessa spent it hanging out with formula one drivers and watching them race. It was surreal, being right there when the qualifying happened, but even more to see the drivers face to face afterwards and talk to them about it. 

Genuinely, Tessa hadn't enjoyed a weekend this much in ages, so much so that she didn't even mind the media storm surrounding her and the guys. She hung out with them every chance she got, and they seemed elated to have her around. She'd even gotten to meet some of the drivers who weren't on the group chat, like Yuki Tsunoda and George Russell, both of who she'd hit off great with, George especially. She'd ended up with his phone number, in a platonic way of course.

Her heart belonged to only one driver, the one she seemed to spend the most time with.

Tessa found her way to the Ferrari garage where people were getting ready for the upcoming race that day. It was still reasonably early, but the garage would be banned from visitors soon so she wanted to get in while she could.

"Charles," she called out, the Monacan driver turning around with a smile, recognizing Theresa's voice.

She moved forwards and, mentally hyping herself up, wrapped her arms around him in a quick hug. She was surprised when he immediately returned it and prolonged it longer than the short embrace it was intended to be. Not that Tessa minded of course. She was perfectly happy with this, more so than if the hug had been short.

With Charles's arms around her, his face next to hers, her brain short-circuited and she only managed to speak once they pulled apart. She didn't fail to notice the hand he'd left on her waist however, and neither did her stomach if the somersaults it was doing was any indication.

"Good luck on the race today," she finally managed to say.

Charles smiled softly at her. "Thank you Tessa. I am very pleased that you're finally saying it to me in person."

And oh, if Tessa hadn't already been head over heels for that man, she would've been then, with his smile that seemed to be for her only, and his eyes, glued to hers like magnets. 

She looked down, feeling overwhelmed with the sudden emotion she felt towards the man in front of her. Charles took two fingers and gently pressed them under her chin, tilting her head up to see his.

"Don't hide your smile," he told her. "I like it."

Oh god. She was down bad.

charles_leclerc

charles_leclerc: so gratful for P1 on the third race of the season

charles_leclerc: so gratful for P1 on the third race of the season. thank you to everyone who came out today. your support means the world

liked by: scuderiaferrari and 5,282,272 others

view all comments

username1: SO PROUD OF YOU CHARLES

username2: thank you for giving me hope for ferrari 😌

theresa.murphy: you did so well today <3 congrats
↳charles_leclerc: thank you tessa, couldnt have done it without your support ❤️
username3: OMG HE USED A HEART?!?! 

username4: i cant believe he got first and hamilton got second. smh 😔

username5: best driver in f1 💪

username6: 🔥🔥🔥

scuderiaferrari: this years world champion

username7: HAVE MY KIDS 🤰🤰

username8: one chance please

username9: i cant believe max, fernando, and charles r our first three winners omg

username10: can we talk about the pictures of charles and theresa?!?!

username11: you deserve it!!