Sixty Eight

⇥ SONG WRITING PROCRASTINATION CLUB + JENNA

[livy💜 conman😎, wifey🥰, tessa]

wifey🥰
update?

tessa
he's okay
its been three days since i arrived
he hasnt had a relapse in two of them

conman😎
so is he....back to normal?

tessa
for the most part
obviously still injured
the problem is.... i think he still believes we're dating

livy💜
...what

tessa
yeah...

conman😎
so you've been acting as a couple

tessa
basically
its been really nice

conman😎
tessa
you guys arent dating

tessai knowbut you saw the radio

conman😎
...yes
we did

tessa
so he still loves me

livy💜
yeah
but sometimes love isnt enough

tessa
... i hope it will be

wifey🥰
we all do
but for the sake of your mental health dont get your hopes up

tessa
...yeah

"Who are you texting?"

Theresa looked next to her where Charles had woken up from his nap, head in the crook of her neck.

"Just the groupchat. Olivia, Conan, and Jenna," Tessa said.

Charles looked at her. "Not Hannah?"

Again Tessa felt a prickle of unease. "No, not Hannah."

Charles nodded quietly, and Theresa frowned when a thought came to her. "Charles.... do you know we're not together anymore?"

Guilt flashed in Charles's eyes and Theresa couldn't help that shocked laugh that tumbled out of her mouth. "Oh my god, you do!"

"Let me explain Tessa," he said hurriedly. "I only remembered after you'd started playing along with it and I- I didn't want it to end."

Theresa pulled back, out of Charles's arms. "You were the one who ended our relationship Charles."

"I know, I'm sorry. I just- I don't want this to end, Tessa. I don't want us to end. Hannah talked to me and-"

Theresa put her hand out. "Woah, woah, Hannah talked to you?"

Charles managed a smile. "Yeah that was my reaction too. But she told me some stuff and I realised I wasn't helping you by leaving like I thought I was. Leaving you wasn't the way to solve our problems. I'm sorry Tessa. I'm so fucking sorry. I just- I didn't want to hurt you anymore."

And then Tessa was crying, hugging Charles and whispering sweet nothings into his ears because he loved her and she loved him and it was enough. Love was enough in this situation. At least, she thought it was.

She pulled back at that line of thinking. "Wait, does this mean we're together again?"

Charles laughed. "Yes, mon amour, it does."

Theresa smiled, and pulled Charles in for a kiss, a real one, as a couple. When they broke apart they were both grinning.

"Good."