Chapter 17 - Girls night

A few hours earlier

A few hours earlier

It was about an hour after Drew left when I heard a knock at the front door.

Who could be here so late? I opened the door just an inch and took a peek to see who was outside. Who knows what type of creeps could be out there? I relaxed when I recognized those soft brown eyes.

"Oh hi, Lexi." I pressed a hand on my chest and let out a small breath. She smiled in response.

My brows furrowed. "What are you doing here so late?"

Her eyes softened. "Blake called to let me know about you and Drew and that you were alone here. I decided that there was no way that you were staying here alone so I thought we could have a girls night." Lexi said as she held up her black overnight bag with a grin.

My heart gave a small squeeze. I didn't deserve Lexi.

I smiled as I let her into the house. "So Blake told you everything?" I asked as I fiddled with my nails.

"Only the shortened version."

My brows rose. "So you know about-"

"Easton helping you behind Drew's back? Yeah, Blake told me." Lexi said as she placed her bag down next to the stairs.

I cringed. "I'm sorry."

"What for? You thought what you were doing was right. I'm not mad at you for going to Easton. He was a detective after all and now he's a deputy. If I were in your shoes I probably would've done the same thing."

Her words made me instantly relax. Lexi stepped closer to me and gave me a tight hug. As she pulled back I gave her a grateful smile.

"I don't deserve you. You're such an amazing friend." I smiled at her.

"And don't you forget it." Lexi winked at me.
"Now I think it's about time to get this sleepover on the roll." Lexi moved towards the l-shaped couch and planted down on it.

"You pop the popcorn and I'll choose a movie?" She asked as she glanced back at me.

I grinned as I nodded and made my way to the microwave. After a few minutes when the popcorn was finally done and we had both settled comfortably on the couch, we started the movie.

By the time the end credits were rolling, we were both exhausted and ready for bed.

Lexi let out a yawn. "I think I'm going to head to bed," Lexi said as she stood up from the couch and made her way to the spare bedroom next to the kitchen.