CHAPTER SIX

The plane arrived at the John F. Kennedy International Airport after fifteen long flight hours. Mother, son and daughter got off the flying machine and took  their first step on the American soil.
                           After collecting their little luggage, Laliana reached for her phone in her handbag and dialed her agent, Mr Magic's number. If you thought that, that name was shady wait till you here the name of the agency,..." THE FLYING OSTRICH AGENCY, " Laliana wondered what kind of people Nara had in her company that could own odd businesses  like that.

                                Upon dialing Mr Magic , he did not pick up the phone. Same went to the second and third attempts. Before anxiety could take the better part of Laliana, Mr Magic finally answered at the fifth attempt. "Hello, who is this?" Mr Magic asked.
                                   "What do you mean by who is this, it's me Laliana!" "Who?"
"It's me Laliana, the woman whom you made get a job abroad!"
                              "Sister, please be clear, you know we send a lot of people to a lot of places..." "How can you forget me when I literally was the only woman going overseas !"
                           " Sister here at Flying Ostrich we do not deal with fraudsters..." Laliana scoffed at the man's statement, " Do you remember the waitress jobs in the USA ?" Laliana asked almost shouting.
                                    " Ooooh! You are the  lady who had two small children...." An awkward silence came between them that made Laliana's blood boil in furry."Tell me what step to take next , can't you see that I am currently STRANDED in this AIRPORT with my CHILDREN!" Laliana finally shouted causing a few seconds of unwanted attention drawn toward her and her children.
                               "Mom, are we lost?" Zari politely asked her mother. "Yes mama ( mother), where are we... and why are there a lot of people  not looking like us?" Joni added. Laliana was forced to put her phone on hold. She bent down to her children's level.

                           "We are not lost ...we are in a different place that's far away from home," Noticing the confused looks in the tots faces, Laliana stopped talking and resulted to hugging them. "Don't worry, just know that everything will be sawa ( alright)," Laliana said then kissed Joni and Zari on their little heads earning a double dose of very cute smiles from them.
                                     "Calm down lady! There should be someone picking you up from the airport right about now,"

                             "What do you mean by now, you haven't even told me how the person who is going to pick us will look like, right now we haven't even gone through customs..." Laliana could feel something small like a tiny thorn prick her bare hand . That was the last time she could remember being conscious.

Thanks for reading this 🙂😋🤪!

LA, LA, LALIANA जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें