11. Taste

Morana Alistar

I watched them build my office, Zara bringing me coffee.

Guilt hit me hard.

"We have to talk." I whispered.

"What's going on?"

"Kieran and Davian found him." I said and she froze.

"Him?"

"Yes. And without thinking of you I told them I want him dead." I sipped the coffee, keeping my voice low.

She nodded.

"Is that okay?"

She smiled.

"I don't want to associate with a human trafficker and rapist, Mo. I never looked up to him. It was always you. If that would help you sleep at night, I'm all for it. He was dead to me the second he hurt you." She reached up and touched my throat.

I hugged her to me, grateful for her.

"I love you." She whispered and I wrote the affection on her back as I typically did when I didn't feel like speaking.

"Wanna get lunch?" She asked and I nodded.

-

Davian Connor

Kieran was an anxious mess over the flight. He hates planes and flying anywhere.

So he kept watching shit on his phone, most likely her cameras.

But he seemed unrelaxed so she might've been gone.

"Want a water?" The flight attendant looked at him.

"Yes." He said, his gaze glued to his phone.

But when we arrived we sighed, already having Echo send us pins of the men on her list and they were all with him.

"We need more people than just us to get them all." He rubbed his jaw, toying with his lip ring.

I called Morana.

She picked up.

"Hey, beautiful. Is there anyway you have anyone who could assist us?"

She hung up and ignored me for 45 minutes before texting.

Morana: Meet at Alistar Supercenter. They'll be in room D107.

So we got our rental car.

In the room was many many men, all grumpy and confused.

"You all work for Morana. I assume you know who she really is." I said and they all nodded.

"Well, she has a traumatic past and she texted you because she trusts you with her past..."

I spoke and they were clearly some sort of ex criminals as they all were for it immediately.

We used one of the man's van.

We had a plan. It was solid. They could do whatever with the extras but Kieran and I get Robert.

They agreed.

-
Morana Alistar

I giggled over Zades stalking habits, enjoying the straight up psychopath he is.

Adeline needs to not fight him. He's perfect.

I groaned whenever he called her that cute nickname.

Reading made my standards high.

Never will I be the same.

I stood, looking at the time, realizing I hadn't eaten since lunch with Zara yesterday.

I opened my pantry and grabbed things to make loaded baked potatoes.

When the potatoes were in the oven, I made no bake cookies with the peanut butter and cocoa powder and oats.

My mom used to make them for me. I hate baking but I love cooking.

So this was nostalgic and easy.

I looked through the books and decided the next read would be The Ritual by Shantel Tessier.

I looked through my instagram feed after making the no bakes and letting them settle in a bowl. I loved them hot and cooled.

I believe my phone was listening to me as I was on the bookstagram.

Specifically the dark side.

I looked and realized I may have many things in common with these other girls who read.

Not only the terrible taste in men but the women who enjoy being degraded and hit during intimacy.

This was shit I was seriously debating.

I felt crazy sort of?

Mmm I already am.

I laughed to myself, eating a spoonful of my childhood concauction.

Sweet dreams to me.