Chapter 4:New Family

Cale was woken up from his one-hour nap by the vicious old man. The nudge and taps on his shoulder quickly woke him up as he had guessed who the motion was from. He did not want to anger the owner of the hand which caused him to sit up abruptly. He blinked his eyes multiple times to adjust to the brightness. The child looked at Ron with questioning eyes. "It is almost time, Young Master. You should finish your preparations as the wedding will start in less than an hour" The butler replied with his usual benign smile.

Cale groaned as he got up and went to his desk, he picked up his hair brush. The redhead raised it to his hair to comb his horrendous bed hair, it became like that due to continuous moving around to find a comfortable position to sleep in. The child brushed his hair slowly, it was getting longer. His bangs had reached his nose and his back hair was now lower than his nape. He did not plan to cut it, he loved his hair, and his mother had often told him that he would look good with long hair. He wanted to at least let his mother see him with his hair longer, even if in heaven.

After brushing his hair, Cale looked into the small mirror on his desk, to see what he looked like. He looked at himself and thought of how stunning he was. Quite narcissistic, he knows, but was he wrong? He looks gorgeous and that's a fact. He chuckled inwardly at the silly thought. He soon got up from the seat and approached his butler, he sent the older man a gesture to lead the way towards the venue. The older man nodded, he went to the door and opened it. He stepped aside to let the Young Master get out before stepping outside the room himself.

After leaving the room, the master-servant duo started to make their way to the entrance of the house. It was the biggest place in the whole estate, it was where the Henituses commonly held balls or any important event. They soon got to their destination. Cale looked toward the guard so that he could open the door. Following the instruction, the guard opened the door.

As soon as the Young Master stepped foot into the venue, all eyes were on him, as if looking for any source of reaction to the wedding or a moment of weakness to take advantage of. The sight that greeted Cale was an unpleasant one, the entrance was bright, too bright to his liking. It was also full of people, nobles of course, and the place was even more grand to accommodate the important event. For Kim Rok Soo who likes simple things, he thought it was extremely unnecessary for all the decorations, even if it was a wedding. Cale just decided to avoid looking at the ceiling due to the blinding light.

The redhead then saw the eye-catching blonde hair of his fiance, he was surrounded by Young Ladies of different households and the blonde looked like he was struggling. Seeing the predicament his Hyung was facing, he sent a pitying look towards the latter. However, as if sensing that someone was looking his way with pity, the Royal looked for the source. He saw the redhead he had been looking for and quickly looked at the other with an expression that was asking Cale for help. The person who got the gaze understood it quickly.

Cale did not want to involve himself in such matters. However, as he was the fiance of said person, he did not have a choice but to help the latter and if things got to it, possibly reveal their relationship. He'll try to avoid what was said in the last statement, though. He sighed and approached the blonde to help him. Once he had gone close, Cale bowed his head slightly toward his Hyung. Then a thought came into his mind, he could ask for compensation from the Prince for helping him with the problem.

The redhead made eye contact with Alberu and smiled widely, exactly like the one after the proposal of the blonde. It looks quite charming to others, but to the one the smile is directed at, it is vicious. The Prince felt himself shiver from the expression of the other but he chose to ignore it. After all, what can an 8-year-old child do?

"Greetings, Your Highness. It is a shocking sight for you to come to our humble abode. Your Highness is quite a kind and noble individual to busy yourself with an event of a lowly count. It truly warms my heart to know that such a person is one of the rising Suns of Our Kingdom. I can already see the prosperity Your Highness will bring to our land." Cale said with a teasing smile, to which Alberu showed great displeasure.