𝐗𝐈

The night in the city was the most beautiful thing to be seen, after having fun in all the possible activities in the square, the two women were walking along a gravel trail that led to the foot of a mountain, it was a little away from the city for safety reasons. Daenerys' dragons were growing at a very fast pace and keeping them close to the civilian population was a mistake she would not make twice, because dragons were unpredictable when they wanted to.

"Can we meet the smallest dragon? I don't know if I'm that prepared to meet a dragon, what if he tries to pull a piece out of me?" Athena asked holding Daenerys' hand with a little strength.

The queen stopped at the same moment when she felt the grip on her arm and turned to Athena with a weak smile and a look understandable by the atitute she was having. Daenerys knew better than anyone that the first approach with a dragon, an adult dragon, could scare even the bravest of soldiers, since it had been 170 years since the appearance of a dragon in this world.

"It may be scary at first but over time you will get used to the presence of the dragons, many people also react like this in front of them, don't feel ashamed" Daenerys replied holding one of Athena's hands firmly, encouraging her to walk next to you as they approached the mountain "I would be cursed if I let my dragons hurt you for no reason"

She trusted Daenerys, the biggest problem was dealing with the huge desire to run down the mountain, her brain and heart were in conflict to make this decision. The heart said that she should firmly shake the queen's hand and climb the mountain, but her brain warned that if the dragon did not spit fire, it still had a mouth big enough to kill her in a bite, that even with Daenerys by her side, the dragon could be hostile.

The steps taken demonstrated her internal conflict and Daenerys realized that her words would not be enough, maybe it was too early to meet the dragons and each person had their right time to do something. Daenerys was excited to introduce Athena to the dragons and had already understood that this tour would be for the next time, after all there would always be other opportunities.

"Let's go back Thena, I respect your will, you will still have many opportunities and you don't need to overload yourself just to please me" The queen spoke again giving a side hug to Athena who was immobilized, by fear and also by something else, the memory of the past that could become the future.

The reality is that she got used to the comfortable routine that had been created over almost two months, if her calculations were right, since this world had strange days and hours, maybe it's a month and a half, she's not sure. The problem was that in addition to the fear of dragons she remembered very well where she was, what was going to happen and who would die if she did not interfere soon to change the axes of the war.

The same queen who was looking at her with a warm smile would be dead within months, dead in the most cowardly and dishonest way possible. Athena did not feel the weak tears run down her cheeks but felt Daenerys' soft hands move carefully to dry her cry.

"It's okay," the queen whispered.

"I'm scared but I trust your word, it's just that I also remembered some sad things, things that motivated me to travel to you" Athena whispered wiping some tears that escaped again "even with all this power, there will be many obstacles to your reign"

"And I'll break down all obstacles, I'm Daenerys Targaryen"

"The Queen"

"Your friend" Daenerys replied with a characteristic Targaryen smile.

"Are we officially friends?"