Chapter 1: Brat

"Five pairs of heels, seven new bags and twelve dresses is what it took?" The older man looks over at his eldest son. Both wearing tuxes and standing in the middle of the most prestigious banquet hall in Dubai. Shourya, the 34-year-old man, has his arm wrapped around his wife, Meera, as he looks at his little sister across the room.

"Yep," he breathes out a chuckle before shaking his head. Raj, his father smiles down at the floor as he fixes his bow tie. "Just to get her here."

Meera giggles and cuddles closer. "She's gotten Shourya to record himself saying he'll take her shopping after the ball as well."

Raj throws his head back and laughs before letting his eyes wander over to his daughter. He smiles at her as she laughs at something her twin brother, Aarav says to her. Her diamond earrings shine bright in the dimmed lights, and so does her diamond ring when she lifts it to smooth her sleek ponytail. Her ring contrasts against her velvet cherry-coloured gloves. The gloves reach her forearm and match her gown. Raj smiles, satisfied that his little daughter is having a good time, especially since this is the last place she claims she wants to be.

Aarav and Riya had turned 26 a week ago, and Aarav had announced that he was planning his wedding with his fiance since they had been engaged for a year now, Muskaan. Muskaan is also Meera's little sister and Riya's best friend. Raj was so glad that all his three children were living their best lives, but a part of him knew his little girl felt lonely. She's the only one of the Singhania kids still single and all Raj and his wife, Suamn, want is for her to find someone. Which leads them to today.

The Singhania's have organised a banquet ball in Dubai to celebrate the success of their business, but really it's just an opportunity for Riya to meet people her age and maybe find someone to start a journey on a path that may lead to love. Shourya and Rohan had made a list of the eligible bachelors they believed were suited to their sister and made sure they were coming. Rohan is Riya's uncle's son and as they live together as a joint family, he's just as protective as Shourya and just as important to Riya as Shourya.

Rohan's wife, Chhaya walks over and steals Meera as Rohan and Shourya gather to scan the crowd for some of the men they had shortlisted.

"Rishaab, Mr. Malhotra's son is not to be considered anymore."

Shourya raises his brow in question, "I just saw him outside, hands all over some girl."

"Oh?" Shourya frowns, "I had high hopes with that one."
Rohan gulps down the rest of his drink, "Yes well, I had high hopes I'd only go to therapy once." Grabbing another drink from the waiter passing by Rohan cringes at the thought of what he witnessed a few minutes ago, "but I might need to go again after listening to some of the sounds they were making."

Their conversation is interrupted by a young man. Charming, well-dressed and respectful. The brothers give each other a wide grin before disguising their interrogation as a discussion.

Meanwhile, Riya rolls her eyes and walks towards the exit. She was getting tired of being approached by random men who couldn't keep their eyes away from her neckline or her waist and hips. The mermaid silhouette gave her the right touch, and she felt in power in front of, men who lack self-control or self-respect. But now, it's getting tiring and she needs fresh air. She understands what the men of her family are trying to do by organising a ball with one too many single men present and she appreciates it. But, none of the men she's come across tonight are what she wants. And for her, she'll wait for what she wants rather than settle for what's being offered.

Seeing her bhabhi on her way out, she presses a kiss on her cheek and smiles brightly at her. She's glad they decided to let a nanny take care of the Singhania kids just for tonight, letting their parents have a good time. And by the looks of it, they were having a good time. With Meera clad in an off-shoulder golden chiffon gown, covered with diamonds as per Shourya's request and Chhaya wrapped in the finest baby pink silk, the corset on the dress accentuates her figure just right. Riya smiles, knowing their respective husbands are surely having a hard time keeping their hands to themselves.