Chapter 28: Wedding

"It's okay, beta." Rohan runs his fingers through Ria's hair as she sobs in his arms.
"I never thought he would do that! I thought he liked me!"

As Riya had run out of Xavier's room, he had bumped into Rohan. Seeing her crying and running out of Xavier's room, he had worked out something had happened. So he immediately took her in is arms before guiding her to her room.

Now she has her face stuffed in her chin's chest as he consoles her. She wails in his arms as she thinks about the dreams she had dreamt in the small time they spent together. Rohan patiently pats her head, letting her sob her heart out. When her cries turn to sniffles, Rohan presses a kiss on her head.

"It's okay. We can't force someone to be with us can we?"
Riya cuddles closer to Rohan, her arms wrapped around him, "But, I-I love him."

Her words come out as a murmur as Rohan holds her closer.
"And you're allowed to love him. But, it's not fair to expect him to love you back. Especially if he never made any verbal promises to you."
Riya sniffles before looking up, "But it hurt."

Seeing her eyes water, Rohan can't help but pull his cousin closer, wanting to give her the brotherly comfort. "I know it hurts. Nothing will ever hurt more than this. But, I know you can push through and I'm sure you'll find someone better."

"But I want him!"
"He's not a thing yo can acquire."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Rohan and Riya walk down the stairs, smiles covering their faces. Rohan had managed to get Riya to forget everything for a little bit and enjoy her brother's wedding.
Xavier watches as she skips past him towards Aarav and Shourya.

"Bhai! Aapko aapki shaadi yaad hai?"
(Bhai, you you remember your wedding?)

Shourya nods his head as e watches his little sister spread her arms wide, "Fireworks, a thousand people, the dancing in your baraat, kit a Maza Kiya that!"
(We had so much fun!)

Riya turns her bright smile upside down before turning around to face her brother, "Aur ek yeh hai. Ghar mein shaadi. Huh! Jaloos- I mean Baraat kaise nikhaalen?"

The emerald green lehnga glitters under the twinkling lights of their home. "Iska jaloos nikal denge, don't worry."
Aarav almost pouts like a baby when Rohan says these words.

Chhaya laughs when the musicians start playing their instruments, the family laugh as Riya and Chhaya dance to the beats. The sun dips low in the sky, casting a golden hue over the bustling family. The air buzzing with excitement as the baraat begin its procession towards the bride's home. Vibrant marigold garlands adorned the entrance and strings of fairy lights twinkle like stars

The groom, dressed in an ivory sherwani, can't wipe the smile of his face as he joins his family. His arms in the air, content with the moment. His eyes catch sight of a figure on the terrace of his bride's home.
He looks up to find his bride dressed in her wedding attire, he can't see her very well but he can definitely see the bright smile on her face.

Tears form in his eyes as he slows, wanting to saviour their secret moment. It doesn't last long as Jai, Virat and Anushka join Muskaan upstairs. Aarav watches his bride unhook her nose pin before throwing her hands up in the air.

Riya's squeal catches the groom's attention as he turns to see his sister laughing itch the kids as she dances. The beats of the dhol quicken as everyone loses themselves in the joy of the moment. Riya enjoys the moment, forgetting her miseries. Her two favourite people are getting married, and she's going to enjoy every second of it.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Aarav stands beside his brothers, father and chachu as they wait for the bride to come down. The courtyard had been transformed into the mot stunning Mandap. Riya had spent a lot of time taking care of every tiny detail. The place is adorned with white roses  and peonies, with a shimmering , warm low of the lights. The air carrying the fragrance of jasmine, mingling with the sound so the music playing in the background.

Aarav's heart pounds in his chest as he waits, with ivory sherwani complimenting the atmosphere perfectly. The sky turns dark as the moon and stars create a bed of lights above the home. He silently begs that his Meera bhabhi brings his bride out as soon as possible.
The murmurs of the guests quietness as the pathway to the Mandan lights up.

Finley, his bride is here. Muskaan stands next to her sister and Riya, adorned in a reathtaking red lehnga, embellished with intricate gold threadwork. A Taj Mahal embroidered on the edge of her pallu, covering her front. With each step she takes, the threadwork glitters in the light.

The veil clipped to her head, revealing the red roses adorning her hair, creating a background for the gold earring. Aarav's breath catches in his throat as he watches her take the small amount of steps left to reach him. She moves with an elegant grace, her payal echoing the significance of the moment.

The sound music to his ears, and the sight of her magnificent beauty a soothing relief. Her eyes don't leave his, sharing a silen promise of love and partnership. Muskaan's parents smile at their title girl and Virat helps her up, heir expressions a mixture of joy and nostalgia. Her mother holds back tears of happiness while her father maintains a proud and steady demeanour.

As soon as Muskaan is at an ams length, Aarav reaches for her hand.
"If you had taken another second, I would have come in and gotten you myself."

She runs her thumb over his hand as a giggle escapes her.
"Maybe I should have waited then."

Aarav gazes at his glowing bride, "You're a dream come true."
Muskaan smiles at her smiling groom, "And you're a reality I had never dreamt of."

With tears in their eyes, the couple circle sacred fire, hand in hand, under the night sky with their loved ones surrounding them. The night sky is a canopy of twinkling stars, casting a gentle glow upon the couple. The world disappearing around them as Aarav gazes at his wife. A speck of sindoor n the tip of her nose with her mangalsutra hanging over her heavy gold necklace.

With each vow they took, their heart grew closer and by the time the ceremony concluded, a sense of unity ills them. The night sky bore witness to their love, the stars twinkling like a blessing from above. In the magical moment, as they stand together beneath the vast, infinite sky.

The family smiles at the couple as Aarav lifts his wife in the air and spins her around.

SOOOO....
HOW WAS IT?