𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

✧ 4 Years Later ✧

✧ 4 Years Later ✧

Mid-January, 2005

─── ・ 。゚♡: *.☽ .* :♡ ˚。・ ───

I awoke with a startle to a light tap on my shoulder beside me. 

When my eyes darted open, I looked to my side and noticed my twin sister Bella was facing me from her seat.

"Sorry to wake you," she apologized. "But we just landed in Port Angeles."

I nodded as I adjusted my seated position and stretched my tired arms out while I yawned wearily.

Once I was fully awake, my mind began racing over the fact that we were now in Port Angeles after four hours of flying, close to the small town we'd be calling home for a while — Forks.

This place in particular was almost always sheltered under a sunless layer of clouds, alongside quite consistent rainfall on most days. Although I personally did not mind the gloomy atmosphere that Forks had, my sister did.

When Bella and I were only three months old, our mother decided to move us out of Forks and took us to live in Riverside, California, before she and our father got divorced around a year later. However, we still managed to spend at least two weeks every summer break in Forks up until we were around fourteen so that we could spend some time with our dad.

Bella despised Forks for its dim, rainy climate, and always preferred the sunny, hot weather that was perpetual in Phoenix, Arizona — the place we've lived in for the last twelve years. Considering this, she complained about visiting there to see our father every summer, thus, he began visiting us in Phoenix during our summer breaks every year instead.

I, on the other hand, rather favored a clouded, chilly climate over a blazing hot one any day. I couldn't stand the constant heat that covered us, and always found myself getting easily burned despite living there for as long as I did and using sunscreen responsibly.

Furthermore, I never found myself enjoying spending my free time outdoors in the above ninety-degree weather, and normally preferred staying indoors within the comfort of my own bedroom to sketch or paint — a hobby of mine I was most passionate about.

That being said, I didn't honestly mind the move we were making. Of course, I would miss my mother and our old home I was most familiar with, though I felt that this move wouldn't be as dreadful as Bella anticipated it to be.

Although Bella was the least bit thrilled to move to Forks, it was her suggestion that led to this outcome. 

Our mother had recently remarried to a man named Phil Dwyer. He was a decent guy and seemed accepting of me and Bella as his "step-daughters," though he was a few years younger than our mother — something Bella seemed put off by. Regardless, he was a good person to our mother and brought her happiness which was all that mattered to us in the end.